Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Demario McCall, Most Impressive Stat

0 HS
MN Buckeye's picture
March 29, 2015 at 5:47pm
18 Comments

Yesterday, Birm broke the news about the commitment of Demario McCall. Toward the end of the thread, EDR4225 posted a link to a Lorain County Chronicle Telegram article that was a great write-up on McCall, with some local information including quotes from his high school coach, Luke Durbin. Here are a couple of paragraphs from the article:

Last year, he rushed 220 times for 2,302 yards — fourth best in Lorain County history and the best county performance in a 10-game season — and 35 touchdowns. He caught 14 passes for 195 yards and a touchdown, and he scored touchdowns on a kickoff return and an interception return.

McCall totaled 2,842 all-purpose yards during his junior season, finished with zero fumbles and had seven touchdowns — four of which were 50 yards or greater — called back due to penalties. He also set the county single-game rushing record with 445 yards against Elyria Catholic in Week 9.

Maybe it's more common than I am aware, but he had 2842 all-purpose yards with ZERO FUMBLES. Yes, the kid is a special player, but I especially tip my hat to him for his ability to hang on to the football.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments