Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Nick Bosa vs. Torrance Gibson Friday the 29th!!!

Gobucks2204's picture
August 26, 2014 at 9:37pm
23 Comments

Two future Buckeyes (hopefully) will be going head to head Friday as Nick Bosa's team Thomas Aquinas will face Torrance Gibson's American Heritage in Florida.  I guess it will be on Fox Sports Florida. Can live stream it it appears.  Obviously these teams have 10 other guys on the field, it's not just these two, and it sure will be fun to watch.

Friday -- August 29
St. Thomas Aquinas vs. American Heritage Central, 7 p.m.
Prep Zone LIVE stream on FOXSportsFlorida.com
Televised on tape delay on FOX Sports Florida following Marlins game
For tickets / information:
http://www.ahschool.com/page.cfm?p=535&teamID=234
http://www.aquinasfootball.com/

osupolo's picture

Thunder vs. lightning is what Don King is promoting.

+4 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

How awesome would it be to see that game with a few friends? If I lived in Florida I would be there.

"Suites hold either 14 or 20 people & are sold as a whole unit for either $350 or $500."

+5 HS
OSU069's picture

I'm not sure if I should pick a team to root for in this game or go neutral. I rooted for Heritage against Dwyer since they have multiple Buckeye targets but now St. Thomas Aquinus does also. 

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

If I can't watch it. I definitely want to hear about it. Hopefully people will post some video highlights on here.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Hopefully people will post some video highlights on here.

I agree.  Members here will likely have something up within an hour or two after would be my guess.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I'm not sure who the underdog is, maybe Heritage? I'll go with them, but root for the OSU recruits on Aquinas to do well.

bbb's picture

St Thomas Aquinas is a top 5 team nationally, so yes, Heritage is the underdog (not saying they're a bad team, just that STA is really really damned good)

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

We can have an open thread like we did for the Dwyer/Heritage game.

Squirrel Master's picture

Isn't Devante Peete on St. T also. Maybe he can get first hand knowledge of Gibson and join him at OSU. U know Nick is working him and so is Chris Carter.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

When the folks at Google need information, they call Nick Bosa.

+3 HS
ronbizi's picture

+1 for the heads up, GoBucks2204.  I live in Florida and set the recording reminder.  Would have been a fun game to watch live!

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

One thing I took away from American Heritage's game this past weekend, they have some BIG boys up from on the O-line. Im talking 6'3-6'5 and 320+ lbs each!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Let's hope it's just warm up until they face each other in practice at Ohio State. 

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

And let's hope no one gets injured.

+3 HS
Calgarybuck's picture
+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Sasquatch searches for Nick Bosa!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Who are these two guys...

Montana silver bullet's picture

Florida meteorologist predict a  strong Bosa front moving in for the weekend, with 120 mph winds , hail, lightning quick hits and a chance of scattered offensive parts and pieces.

Montana Silver Bullet

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

If I'm being honest I want to see Nick rock him a time or two.  Not hurt him, just get in the backfield and make his presence known.  Lets see what Gibson can do when a future All-American DE is coming after his lunch money.  We'll see how bad he really wants it.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

I would rather he not rock him, just pressure him. 

Groveport Heisman's picture

Its  kind of a win/win situation for us Buckeye  fans. I will probably root for Gibson to win while also hoping Bosa and other targets have a good game. I want Gibson to sling that rock around and really settle in as a dynamic QB.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Buckeye BadDog's picture

I have yet to see Aquinas play this year, but they are VERY well coached and always have a host of very talented kids. If Plantation is going to beat them they will need to improve their pass blocking. Regardless of the success Gibson seemed to have, they did take a while to get going in the passing game and as big as they are up front, they do not seem all that mobile. If young Bosa is anything like his brother (and people here in FL seem to think he could be better in the long run) then Plantation's size will be negated by Aquinas' speed on the edges, which will mean Gibson will have to scramble more. As we know from having a mobile QB for the past 3 years, forcing an athletic QB out of the pocket is not necessarily a recipe for success. It will certainly be a very interesting game to watch.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- Albert Einstein

"Nothing that comes easy is worth a dime." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS