Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Gibson to OSU???

jonping67's picture
August 24, 2014 at 7:42pm
23 Comments
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Given that and the cleats he wore today (seen here), it's looking really good.

Class of 2010.

+4 HS
THE's picture

ITS A DEFINITE MAYBE!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+8 HS
buckeyebfd's picture
Guessing you're not talking about this cd
+6 HS
Remy's picture

Definitely an upvote for you Buckeyebfd.

Oasis is my favorite band. That album (their first) was released on 8-30-1994. That will be 20 years ago on Saturday. Is it a coincidence that the 20th anniversary is the same day as Ohio State's first game of the 2014 season? Probably, but I like how the stars are lining up. 

Hopefully the Buckeyes will play like "Rock 'n Roll Stars". Although I'm "Married With Children" I will celebrate the win with some "Cigarettes and Alcohol" as Barrett throws passes "Up in the Sky" as Spencer will "Bring it on Down" as the Navy defenders "Slide Away". I'm sure Dontre Wilson will be moving at "Supersonic" speeds and at the end of the day we will compare Navy to "Columbia". I'm sure Saturday's game will "Live Forever" as Barrett's first win as Ohio State's quarterback.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+4 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

When we win, I'm getting lit like a "Champagne Supernova".

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Whenever my friend and I go out somewhere with a super search jukebox we always start our playlist off with cigarettes and alcohol

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

That's the most 90s album cover I've ever seen.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

I like these odds!

GO BUCKS

whiskeyjuice's picture

If nothing else, it reinforces the fact that osu is top of his list

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

osu07asu10's picture

Maybe???

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
Liening's picture

How much fun would it be to watch TG having these kinds of days for the Buckeyes?  And maybe bring Snelson along for the party?  Even with the disappointing news about Braxton, following the Buckeyes with UFM leading the charge just gets keeps getting better. 

GLiening

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'm enjoying everyone acting like we can just jump in and be like "Yo Mr. Snelson, come to Ohio State" and he'll just forget relationships and his home state and come to Columbus.

+5 HS
OSU069's picture

I don't know if anyone is actually saying they think that will happen. They are just hoping that he will come with TG since it seems like they play great together. 

dubjayfootball90's picture

Dayum, son!!! looking good!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

KBonay's picture
+7 HS
otrain2416's picture

I have always imagined he was a soft verbal and would confirm after his official

+5 HS
almurray10's picture

Saw a 247 story saying he gave a silent verbal already and will make it public on 10/20. On mobile so can't embed, but things sound good for the bucks on this one.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Not sure what that date represents, but why not just make it public and assist with recruiting your own class.  A QB is a leader, and thus, should be impactful on future recruits.  Even more so with WR's.

almurray10's picture

That's the date he's set as when he's making his commitment. I know it seems silly if he really has already silently committed here, but those things are special to these kids. He'll probably have a big press conference at his school, and it'll give him a chance to celebrate with his friends and family.

And I know he keeps in touch with a lot of other top recruits, so if he is committed, he probably is working on recruiting those guys, in one way or another.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I think we're good, as long as he doesn't say that OSU is dope...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS