Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Richard Lecounte

305Buck's picture
July 12, 2014 at 12:11am
15 Comments

Will be at Ohio State from Wednesday through Sunday staying overnight with Kwon. He'll be participating in the Football U Top Gun camp in Dublin.

For anyone not familiar with Lecounte, he was Kwon's teammate in High School, and he will be a top 10 recruit in 2017. Kid finished with 105 tackles and 5 INTs as a Freshman on varsity starting at Safety. He's 6'1 175 pounds so the kid will only get bigger, better and faster as he gets older and matures.

His top schools are Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, Miami and South Carolina. All have offered so far but imo Ohio State is way out front and this visit will only make our lead bigger.

Freshman Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2208559/highlights/111505386

BengalErnst's picture

2017 is so far away though

Nicholas l Ernst

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Never too early to put the action plan together - I go out to the mailbox everyday looking for the offer letter for my 10 year old from Urban Meyer. 

+11 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I like, I like!! 

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

This kid has a bright future

KBonay's picture

Don't count out UK

+12 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

You know, for all of the anger early on, and the Baker and Scott disappointments, the staff is doing one hell of a job recruiting, especially planning ahead with 2016 and 2017. My only worry is how staff defections might affect the classes. However, I think Meyer and Co. are doing a fantastic job recruiting nationally, and will finally bring another title to Columbus by the end of the decade.

As long as he doesn't leave for ND by then, right?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+6 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

I can't hand out helmet stickers but why in the hell would anyone down vote this comment?  Sometimes I don't get it.  I swear, that if i posted a comment saying I like cheese pizza someone would DV it because they were lactose intolerant or burned the roof of their mouth one time on a slice.  DV's should be handed out for stupidity and obvious trolling.  Whatever….

Edit: Well this no longer makes sense since the original posting is now in the positive.   Now, if i can only figure out how i got down voted making fun of the SEC….

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

IMO "way out in front" is quite an exaggeration.

305Buck's picture

Thats just my opinion. Lecounte has been to Ohio State 4 or 5 times so far. Thats a lot more times than he has been to any other school, including instate Georgia.

+2 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

Wow those stats are nuts. A Freshman on Varsity. 

DenBuck's picture

Hook him up with Danny as leaders of the 2017 class...

Buckeye For Life

+3 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

He would be #2 in 2017, ah ah ah

MN Buckeye's picture

The benefit of the great relationship with Kwon, establishing the comfort level with mentors. Richard is doing all of the right things at this very early stage of his recruitment.

whiskeyjuice's picture

And it's all about the relationships!! It seems all the talk is stuff like "feels like home", "easy to talk to", etc, etc.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Gray Box's picture

A recent LeCounte selfie:

+3 HS