Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Gibson announcing in October

Killer nuts's picture
July 11, 2014 at 11:32pm
29 Comments

Torrance Gibson (@quick_tg6) tweeted at 6:19pm - 11 Jul 14: 

I will be committing in October! I don't have a official date yet. (https://twitter.com/quick_tg6/status/487725980090646529

(Couldn't embed from my phone)

His recruitment has been a strange one for a while but it may just be a couple months from coming to a close

One Bad Buckeye's picture
Holding my breath..... 

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+11 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

haha I know thats right.  I dont mean to be rude but who cares.  I think he played around long enough with us.  He can commit else where. I am happy with Joe B

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

I'd like to have him as a WR...

teddyballgame's picture

is that before official visits? 

he better hurry up and come up here if he's serious

305Buck's picture

He's planning on taking only a few official visits, and he's also trying to get to Ohio State before the end of this month. His 7 on 7 team is scheduled to be in Dublin sometime within the next two weeks for a Football U camp, so lets see if he makes the trip.

Buck Commander's picture

Buck if he Comes to Dublin he should not have any excuses to not visit huh?

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

Buck Commander's picture

No shit hope he visits but I think he is SEC Bound IMO!!!!!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
Jabba1977's picture

II would like to see him commit,but if he does not,I can live with it!!

SECHATER77

sivaDavis's picture

Any news on how Joe Burrow is doing? Rather hear updates on him than this kid, juuuust being honest. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't make it up to Columbus even if he is in Dublin.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

That is a really long drive down 315S to Campus man...I don't know...

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Who could blame him? 18 minutes is an absurdly long drive.

+3 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Seriously if he's in Dublin and doesn't make a visit….We know what it is then. Period end of this strange story. So tired of hearing about him.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+1 HS
highwire's picture

I'm not tired of hearing about Gibson, and I'm not concerned with his attitude. Everyone matures differently, and he's a hell of an athlete. If Urban wants him, so do I.

+11 HS
allinosu's picture

Good point but it is hard to figure what's up and down with this kid. It does appear he has matured some lately.

+1 HS
Buckeye4life23's picture

Thats what I am saying!

Muck Fichigan that is all.

niblick's picture

How many of you can i sucker into betting me large amounts of cash he doesnt?

allinosu's picture

My concern with Gibson is we end up like that team up north the last three or so years with a wide receiver playing QB, Highwire is right though about if that is what Urban wants.

whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

At this point, you still accept a commitment from a 5 star talent. The difference now is we don't chase him, but make him chase us. With only 12 commits, we have the luxury to sit back and recruit others and see what Gibson does. If he visits and shows a serious interest, then you recruit your ass off. If he doesn't, no big deal.

just my 2 cents anyway...

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

You don't make him chase you, a much much softer way of putting that might be closer to the truth. They don't go all the way to recruiting their asses off yet that much we agree on.

Buck Wild's picture

He is really tight w/ Kalil McKenzie that committed to the Vols...he will be a Vol when it is said & done

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

He will also be a WR when it's all said and done. I also read that UT is now recruiting him as a WR which should put Auburn in the drivers seat. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

To me, it's very simple - would Gibson help us get closer to winning the B1G and a National Championship?

IMO, yes, yes he does. Therefore, I'd love to see him be part of this class, particularly to see Tennessee fans go absolutely berserk.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
CuseGirl's picture

I'm not an expert on tape but I wasn't impressed by it. But I will say, the lack of a top 10 QB commit I think has hurt this class overall. I think other players follow the QB's (like Christian Kirk leaning to A&M because of Kyler Murray). So, there's a part of me that hopes they do snag Gibson, if only to turn the tide on other weapons.

And you know THIS....man!

-1 HS

He tweeted the he'll commit on October 20th. I honestly believe all of the coaching staffs are telling him he can play QB but plan on moving him to WR at some point. 

+2 HS
SilverState's picture

That's the week of the Tennessee-Alabama game, fwiw.

Rob Reese's picture

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

-1 HS

Can't embed from my phone but the original tweet I saw about him committing on Oct 20 he mentioned OSU, WarEagle, and Vols. I just saw another tweet where he mentioned committing and said OSU, Vols, and LSU. I'll kind of be glad when this saga is over.