Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Hilliard visit update!!

305Buck's picture
June 21, 2014 at 10:49pm
86 Comments
305Buck's picture
305Buck's picture
+7 HS
305Buck's picture
+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Warming up in the bullpen.

+31 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

(Sorry I don't know how to upload it) I saw a video on Stephen Collier's page of the #dream14 dancing and and Justin Hilliard is in the background with them.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

could you link it? i just want to be entertained

Buckeye fan from PA

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

You sure it was Collier? I cant find it.

Yeah it was Collier. Its on his Instagram.

Buckeye fan from PA

305Buck's picture

Oh his instagram Is private, could you link it?

kicks's picture

I just watched it, in the video: Booker, Dixon, Campbell, Hilliard, Kwon, McLaurin, Holmes.  They're dancing and attempting to be ridiculous lmao.  Hilliard is laughing, he clearly enjoys their company.

Lol at myself for explaining an IG video.

+5 HS
kicks's picture

That doesn't work, just a heads up.

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

His instagram is private, can only see it if youre following.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Hayze's picture

I don't want to read too much into it or anything but he didn't post any picture or anything while he was at Notre Dame.

+8 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Sam Hubbard looks huge.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

LBer U.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+10 HS
Ethan_Buck's picture

I am telling you right now...Hubbard at one OLB...Hilliard at the other...Kwon in the middle....and have Lee as either rush LB or Hubbard as rush LB..and we are set. 

I dont always root for college athletics, but when i do (which is most of the time) I choose THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

+4 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Don't forget Dante Booker could play outside too. He'll be a force.

+11 HS
Ethan_Buck's picture

gahhhh the talent is amazing....seriously...but I am in the camp that Booker grows into a DE 

I dont always root for college athletics, but when i do (which is most of the time) I choose THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Lets wait till Booker gets over 230 to even start having that conversation..At 215-220 he runs and hits like a truck! I'll take that on the 2nd on special teams and back up LB to start his freshman year.  What happens with mutant-maker Mikey will dictate where he ends up.

+3 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

Hubbard will end up being MUCH bigger than Booker.

+1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Kyle Berger will be in there somewhere rotating ,all these guys. LIke LJ rotates the D-Linemen sounds good to me.

Damn.. Just think Ohio State's LB's from 1Hilliard-Cinn. St. Xavier, /2 Hubbs-Cinn.Moeller, /3Berger-Cleve.St. Ignatius, /4 Booker-Akron St.Vincent St.Marys, /5 Nick Connor-Dublin Scioto, /6 (Jango Glackin)-Lebannon, /7 Ethan Tucky-Delaware Hayes /8 Chris Worley Cleve. Glenville/ 9 Darron Lee New Albany AND 10 KWON !!!

9 STUD LBs from OHIO and #1 Georgia LB at LB-Univ in 2-4 years !!!!!! Let the Cream Rise to the Top' considering we get the prospects listed.

Shut the Front door !!!!!!!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

+3 HS
jonping67's picture

Don't forget Baker 2015!

Beast LB crew........GO BUCKS!

+4 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Forgetting about Dante Booker, Kyle Berger, Chris Worley, and Nick Conner, we will have a true 2 deep rotation, probably best in the nation!

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

just a matter of time until our D is best in the nation...dont forget about the d-line and db recruiting

DIRECTIONER

+6 HS
robobuck's picture

I do believe trey johnson lives up to his hype before all is said and done! Really removes the sting from losing the abusement park

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+3 HS
jonping67's picture

Let's not forget Baker in 2015. The LB'S at tOSU are sick and we are getting back to LB-U. GO BUCKS!

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Hubbard and berger are on it! !!!! Our lb corp is abt to be ridiculous

O'Deez330
stark county football

+4 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This is a groups of LB that could rotate and we would never loose anything!!!! 

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Linebacker U.

No doubt

+5 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

I'm sure Hubbs has a really tough time finding a girl to date him, talk about a lady killer

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I met his teams QB a couple of weeks back, and I asked him about Sam. He said that Sam is his claim to fame and that all the ladies are always asking about him and are always wanting to take pictures with him.

+4 HS
irishfury's picture

He looks like Paul Walker (R.I.P)

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Unless you're a chick that's kinda creepy dude.

-10 HS
BassDropper's picture

It's kinda creepy that you think it's creepy...I do see the resemblance, you only see things in a sexual manner..which I think is creepy, creeper.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Creepier than following boy bands?

+6 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

If I was in my 40's? Maybe it's weird for me to say. But I'm in my 20's

bethesdabuck's picture

I'm sure it's just by accident that Urbz links Hilliard up with 2 former Ohio Catholic school linebackers right after his visit to Notre Dame. #genius

+17 HS
Woodshed's picture

Strong that Kirk is on campus currently as well.

+3 HS
MacG91's picture

Awesome!

Mac..yeah

Gray Box's picture

Hilliard, Hubbard, Kirk and Berger:

+9 HS
KingsRite's picture

Lets get it done guys! Keep the Buckeye Train steam rolling towards The Chase!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Kirk is there too???  Boy this couldn't be going better!

+2 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Can we all agree that Hilliard's (and to some degree Jerome Baker's) recruitment is as much about image as position? We need him in this class for prestige, not for depth necessarily. We've had several loaded classes at LB, but need to win the battle for the best talent in the state and a head-to-head with ND.

One guess that I have is that, based on the pics above, Sam Hubbard is a dude you want prospective recruits to be hanging with. Hilliard and Kirk look pretty damn content.

-2 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Baker is a Athelete/LBer.

He is the type of talent you find a spot for from RB to LBer to slot.

The roster's get no easier at ND, FSU, Florida or Miami.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I wouldn't say that...we haven't seen what any of these kids can actually do at this level and especially under the lights.  We think we're loaded but who knows.  Baker and Hilliard could actually turn out to be the best of the bunch.  Outside of Shazier we haven't had anything special at LB lately.

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Jamal Marcus??? Sigh...

Crimson's picture

Jamal Marcus what?  He isn't a LB, even if he was kind of recruited as one.

EDUGOON's picture

"Birdman Hand Rub" Hilliard,Kirk,Cornell,Baker and Scott. The flood gates would bust open. I think you'd see Clark reconsider and Harris would soon follow. This could be an epic class!!!

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

Screw Clark.  He has said no twice.  He is going to sitting behind Jake Butt of Pick North for the next three years anyhow.

mtrotb

+4 HS
SonOfBuckeye's picture

Honestly, if the [Michigan] visit didn't go how it went today, I was probably going to end up at Michigan State.

Chris Clark

+6 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

I agree. To me that bridge was burned with the totality of everything: multiple commitments, saying tOSU was dope and then committing to Mishitgan, and finally saying he would have committed to MSU. EFF him. 

+8 HS
Gray Box's picture

Hilliard retweeted this:

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

Looks like Hilliard is hitting the town tonight with those X's on his hand

DIRECTIONER

+6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Can confirm, saw a bunch of players and a few recruits on High Street last night.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+9 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Hilliard is a Buckeye IMO. 

+2 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

He certainly seems to be enjoying himself. 

Of course I hope that ND could pull him, but regardless of the outcome, I don't think there will be much for either side to be upset about in the end. Hilliard is handling his recruitment exceptionally, all business, doing his due diligence on both sides. If only every recruit handled things so thoroughly, there would be much less heartbreak for those of us that follow recruiting! 

+18 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

You are making it VERY difficult to dislike you!  Can't you say something about getting a better education or God's football team?

+2 HS
mobboss1984's picture

I agree 100%

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

Jordan Wagner's picture

As long as he doesn't tweet "OSU was dope bro.." Ohio State should be good. 

jaxbuckeye's picture

Agreed. I will never forget that statement.  Like nails on a chalkboard!

MN Buckeye's picture

I agree with ND above that Hilliard is handling his recruitment well. He has shown nothing but class, and he seems to be one of these guys who naturally exhibits leadership.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Every pic I've ever seen with Hilliard and any Buckeyes, he always seems to have a huge smile. Can't read too much into it, I know, but he really seems to enjoy his time at OSU.

+2 HS
Gray Box's picture

Eze's parents are the new Vrabel for OSU recruiting:

+18 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Haha I don't know about the new Vrabel...

However, it is really cool to see how vested his parents are in the program their son is part of.  I can't recall another set of parents being so active in the recruiting aspect. I just mean trumpeting the programs positives and reaching out to other parents.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+10 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

The Webbs have been awesome as well.

+11 HS

just being picky, but he put "Hillard". Still its cool what hes doing with recruiting and all. Much respect.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture

I wonder if anyone said something about the color of Hilliard's shirt... Who cares if he picks the good guys though

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This class has the potential to go to heights we have never seen before.  

Killer nuts's picture

I'd say the commitment of Kevin Feder assures that 

+18 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Here's my insider knowledge into the Hilliard visit:

I was visiting my parents in Hilliard all last week. You won't get that news anywhere else.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+20 HS
Buckeye Beast's picture

I enjoyed that. So cheap but so good. This guy is a f***ing stud, give him more upvotes.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, & Michigan still sucks

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

We named a town after him?  Curious to see how the NCAA handles this ...

+6 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I'm sure the pronunciation is completely different than it's namesake.

s.pasadena fl's picture

When you folks see Booker play you will forget about the others, he is that good.!

Ed Hopper

+4 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Yeah that's why I'm get nervous about all these stars coming in. Dante will probably play after Perry graduates (WILL) and Raekwon will probably start next year, then at SAM those two guys are just freshmen. So playing time could be hard to come by.

sharks's picture

A good problem to have.  If the Hubbard kid can plug in at TE, would lessen the logjam at LB and put him on the fast track to playing time as well.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Looks like he already has.

Swayze's picture

#Buckeyeproblems

s.pasadena fl's picture

SHARKS/ Spot on my thoughts exactly!

Ed Hopper