Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ohio State Makes Jerome Baker's Top Eight

Jordan Wagner's picture
June 20, 2014 at 8:33pm
35 Comments

Four-star Cleveland Benedictine linebacker Jerome Baker announced his top eight schools tonight. Ohio State made the list, as expected since the Buckeyes are considered the favorite. Baker has said that he plans to make a decision after his senior football season.

buckeyeguy0615's picture
+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Notre Dame and Miami

buckeyeguy0615's picture

I see it now, thanks.

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I've been staring non-stop and can not see the 8th. My assumption would be Michigan because, much like their logo, their chances are nonexistent.

EDIT: I was corrected before I posted.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

3 down each side and 2 top middle = 8. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
KingKosar's picture

Clockwise from left:

Penn St

Michigan St

Tennessee

Florida

Florida St

Notre Dame

Miami (FL)

Ohio St

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Shocker!

OSU, MSU, PSU, Miami, FSU, Tennessee, Florida, ND.

At this point looks like:

1. OSU

2/3. UT/UF

2/3. UT/UF

4-8. Everyone else

Nutty's picture

A lot of ND fans I know seem pretty confident they are major players. I hope they're wrong.

Hayze's picture

Notre Dame fans think they are major players for every recruit they offer.

Honestly don't see him going anywhere but OSU. Family are Buckeye fans, we've been his number 1 for over a year, he talks to Urban at least once a week.

We thinking about who we lead for, look at who else we're recruiting. Coaches obviously feel extremely good about the LBs (Hilliard and Baker) as we're not actively recruiting very many other ones. Same thing last year. Lattimore and Smith were obviously locks because we weren't recruiting very many other CBs or Ss hard.

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Notre Dame fans are also under the delusion that every year has been like 2012.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

LoveTheeND's picture

Not all of us haha. But hopefully we will see more years like that now that we have nothing but QBs with the right tools to run the offense. (I loved Tommy Rees but good lord he had no arm strength)

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

Fair enough. Wrong of me to lump the whole fanbase into that category.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I think Malik Zaire is going to be the a really good QB. Too bad he picked ND.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Malik would be a better qb if he had chosen TOSU.

-2 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

Agreed!

That he is going to be a very good QB I think, not that it's too bad he picked ND haha. He played exceptionally well in the spring game, and I don't think it's just hot air that he will actually be challenging Golson for the starting job come summer camp. He's got that confident "command" factor that not all guys have, and it's clear that being almost two years out of the "wing-T" offense has made a world of difference. Had he played in a different offense in HS, his recruitment would have been a much more high-profile, national type of deal I think.

buckskin's picture

Agreed. I always felt we should have recruited him harder.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Very wrong !! With love

Gooz-fra-bah...

Poison nuts's picture

We don't hear much on him lately as everyone goes nuts for Hilliard, & Baker won't be committing soon but I've seen where people have him as the best player in Ohio overall. Hoping for the Buckeyes here obviously! That said, I'm an old guy who tried following recruiting but I've backed off a bit with all the top howevermany lists...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

brandonbauer87's picture

The opacity of the logos makes me believe MSU is the leader, with Ohio State, Florida and FSU tied for 2nd. 

bethmowins's picture

IDK, the opacity of Baker seems to match OSU's well.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Tennessee fans be like:  "Our logo's biggest!  UT bound!!!"

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Gotta give Tenn credit, they are in it for a lot of big recruits. But as we know, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

. . .and pooping your pants, you can come close to pooping your pants.

I season my simple food with hunger

+13 HS
JDunc686's picture

This might be my favorite comment ever lol

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

All Buckeye!! If I'm Wrong light me up!!!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Somebody remember this just in case

UFM_Renewal

bukyze's picture

JoePa begs to differ.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

True...

This comment is classic...almost brought tears.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

This is my #1.  Huge and probably the best athlete in his class. Cmon Bucks!!!

Seattle Linga's picture

We need the Ohio fence to be reinforced 

+2 HS
1967Buck's picture

Agreed Linga and sooner the better.

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Great talent on the football field, but I hope he's going pro in something other than Photoshop.

KBonay's picture

Cue Sammy Silverman....

Max Power's picture

Pretty sweet graphic.

I am glad that the Bucks are the assumed favorite. It would be nice if he pulled the trigger soon. Its all good andwell that we are his leader, but its June. The longer the recruitment process goes on, the more nervous I get. Alot of time for other programs to get in his ear. I have faith in our staff though. Lets lock up another top guy from Ohio!