Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Damarkus Lodge commits to Texas A&M

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture
June 19, 2014 at 2:52pm
10 Comments

Does this in any way, shape or form, help us with our chances landing Christian Kirk?

GoBucksToledo's picture

Beat me to it JSS!  I'm thinking this has to improve the odds of it happening, particularly with them having Kemah Siverand on board as well.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great point I would think this helps us drastically 

Groveport Heisman's picture

I  wonder if the fact we play 3 wr's and run 60% of the time and they play 4/5 wr's and throw 70% of the time will be used against us. For the record I think we open it up with a ton more passing this year and hopefully it will benefit us the same way Meyer getting his first 1,000 yard running back put a stop to the negative recruitment of RB's

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
blocko330's picture

Good point Groveport; Meyer just playing hands dealt (and future cards taken) - - we can't assume that what he's done in the past will be what he does in the future.

+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

I put this in the other Christian Kirk thread but I think it should be mentioned here...

A&M now has 3 WRs in this class

4 WRs from 2014 class and 7 WR from 2013 class. How many more WR can a team take?

+4 HS
Mortc15's picture

When you run 4 and 5 receiver sets every play, and assume a transfer or 2, plus an injury or 2, only counting those classes you're down to around 10 for those 3 classes. That's a 2-deep for a true spread passing team. 

Buck-I4Life

KBonay's picture

It will be interesting to see how that team performs this year without Johnny Football slinging it around. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Or that  top 10 left tackle. None of those incredible players grow on trees.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

TheBadOwl's picture

Actually, the guy replacing Matthews played RT last year and he's moving to LT, he's projected to go in the top 10 as well.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS