Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Liam Eichenberg

Braxton2Devin's picture
June 18, 2014 at 5:55pm
19 Comments

Just read on another site that he has named Michigan as his leader. I've stated before that he is an absolute must-get, being the top player in Ohio and a 5 star prospect. We all know the unwritten rule that you simply cannot lose out on the best players in Ohio, especially when he's the highest rated prospect coming out of Ohio in the last few years. What really surprises me is that UM is somehow at the top. I can't imagine being a recruit from Ohio and having UM as my leader, especially as it's so early in the recruiting process. It also comes as a shock to me, as Birm (or maybe another staff member) stated that the Eichenberg recruitment will be a ND-OSU battle, and that ND was probably in the lead right now.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Right now - it's about relationships. 

Ed Warinner is a GREAT offensive line coach and does an amazing job getting the most from the talent around him, but he's not the most personable cat in the world and that slows down his recruiting a bit. He's a doer not a talker.

TraSmith4's picture

If you remember last year Vrabel had established relationships with a lot of the O-Line recruits as well and this would make sense after reading what Birm just said about Warinner's relationship building prowess on the cruitin trail. Maybe LJ needs to get involved? Warinner is a hell of a coach though!

Brutus' Left Nut's picture

TTUN seems to be very good at getting top recruits to name them their leader or commit early on.  They also seem pretty bad at securing those commitments.

Hopefully he is just trolling them.  Hoke could get fired this year too.

Let's hope that Kyle Kalis is recruiting him hard...

+4 HS
sharks's picture

Hey Dre'Mont Jones: congrats on the commitment.   Got a job for you to do...

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

I just can't imagine TTUN nagging the top prospect in Ohio and one of the best in the nation.

Poison nuts's picture

I can imagine them nagging the hell out of loads of recruits.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+9 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

Is he the top recruit in Ohio?  247 Composite has him as number 3.  Obviously I still want him, just curious where people are getting that he is the top Ohio recruit.  I thought it was Kraemer.

I want Prince Sammons.  That guy is a monster.  Sadly, he seems to be TTUN lean.

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

There is no must get for OSU.  Also if he goes to Michigan I will enjoy "Nick Bosa" or another highly recruited DE eat him for breakfast :)

Lets see what other Ohio OL players that left for Michigan have to say http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/12/michigans_kyle_kalis_o...

BuckeyeJ's picture

I am not going to start a thread on here about a player from ttun. But i wonder what Kalis could have been at OSU? And what spurned him to the ttun

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Following recruiting has to be like doing coke.  You know its bad for you but you just cant stop.

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

TSUN Offensive Line summed up in one play. ND brings 6 TSUN has 6 blockers: Results priceless

* Also our boy #67 Kyle Kalis is the one who didn't come off his block to pick up the LB

+5 HS
Hayze's picture

Not worried one bit.

It's extrenely early. He loves OSU. Got a good feeling about this one.

Plus it's likely Michigan is replacing its entire staff next year.

s.pasadena fl's picture

Finally ohio state fans are starting to realize the magnitude of the loss of coach Vrabel! He was their best. defensive coach and recruiter.He also had the rare ability to attract players on the other side of the ball.

Ed Hopper

-10 HS
otrain2416's picture

seriously how does his recruitment have anything to do with Vrabel? Vrabels region wasn't Cleveland anyway

+6 HS
razrback16's picture

Quit it OTrain, the troll doesn't like it when you make sense.

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

OSU absolutely OWNED ohio last year and likely will do largely the same this year. Claiming someone is "can't miss" this early is silly. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

After their regular 8-5 season this year I'm sure  he will stick around much like D.Harris and G.Campbell did. B-u-r-n

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Mizzillion's picture

It's too early to panic...

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

Obviously it's still way too early, but the TSUN lead didn't last long

+2 HS