Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

11W Community Interview Questions: Nick Conner

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
June 18, 2014 at 3:47pm
33 Comments

You all know the rules!! Taking 11W Community Interview questions for Buckeye commitment Nick Conner. Questions will be locked Friday at noon. 

Remember: the questions (as long as they're not ridiculous) with the most helmet stickers get answered. 

dubjayfootball90's picture

Describe the feeling of finally receiving that Ohio State offer and what was going through your mind while waiting for it?

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+12 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Also, congrats on the offer and welcome to Buckeye nation.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

DMcDougal24's picture

Were you close at any point to giving up on the OSU offer?

+10 HS
Mortc15's picture

Will you look to enroll early or finish out your high school career in the spring and join the team during the summer?

Buck-I4Life

+9 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

What weight do you see yourself playing at while at tOSU?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

Have the coaches mentioned using you on offense?  I have seen several highlights of you on the other side of the ball, is that something that is in the cards?

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+7 HS
flying-banana's picture

Welcome to the family Nick!

Now that you've donned the scarlet and gray would you rather fight 100 wolverine sized Brady Hokes or 1 Brady Hoke sized wolverine?

+4 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

What do you believe you can bring to this team that no one else can?

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+3 HS
js2378's picture

What are your feelings towards your nickname "Wolverine"?

For reference: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140609/rivals-f...

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Are you aware that this community discussed you and vouched for your abilities ad nauseum leading up to you getting your offer? Now that you know, would you agree that we should be on the staff payroll to help recruit and coach?

+2 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

How many career sacks do you hope to have against Michigan?

+1 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Did anyone from within the Ohio State program give you any particularly great advice on how to use the desire to get a scholarship offer to become a better person and a better football player? 

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Ohio State is known for having a number of outstanding linebackers over the years. How does it feel to be a part of a tradition that includes guys like Chris Spielman, Andy Katzenmoyer, AJ Hawk, James Laurinaitis, Ryan Shazier, and SO MANY others? 

+5 HS
luckynutz's picture

First things first...congrats on the offer and becoming part of the class. Buckeye nation welcomes you with open arms.

And for the question...now that you have finalized your recruitment, where does your focus shift going forward? Do you see yourself being a leader of this class in terms of reaching out to other targets and building the strongest class possible?

+8 HS
Sauce Bauss's picture

When you guys play Dublin Jerome, can you go easy on us? 

+4 HS
1MechEng's picture

What, in your opinion, is your key activity or performance at camp that ultimately swayed the OSU Coaching Staff's decision to offer you?

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

First, congrats on the offer and commitment and welcome to Buckeye Nation.

What player, collegiate or professional, would you compare your game to? Or who do you try to base your game off of? 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
blocko330's picture

Of which former Buckeye LB would you like your career at Ohio State to resemble?

+2 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

You have wanted this offer for a long time Nick, thanks for your commitment.  What current or former Buckeye would you most want to pattern your play after?  In other words, who is your favorite Buckeye?

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

Glad you are a Buckeye Nick. Can you take us through the process of your recruitment (the ups and downs) and when were you sure you had achieved what the coaches expected of you to earn your offer? Secondly, what are your educational goals?

+7 HS
blocko330's picture

Looking at the future schedules which team are you most excited to play against?

otrain2416's picture

Who are you most excited to play alongside as a Buckeye? 

+4 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Who do you plan on recruiting to Ohio State?

+7 HS
BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

Do you have some great nick name you go by or can you help us pick one out for you?  Carlos Hyde has the best so far with El Guapo, but we will give you a chance.

In Urban We Trust

+3 HS
Sebastian's picture

What was the most determining factor on choosing the buckeyes?

buckguyfan1's picture

Your highlight film shows a rare natural instinct to find the ball.  What was the best compliment that you received from Coach Meyer?

+5 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Do you have any pregame rituals or habits before playing?

+3 HS
labuck's picture

How do you feel central OH football has prepared you for life in the BIG Ten?  What are some goals that you and your team have for this year?  What do you need to work on individually before arriving at OSU?

+3 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

What do you plan on majoring in at tOSU?

+5 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

No question, just appreciation.  Your play earned you an offer, your patience and tenacity have earned you the respect of Buckeye Nation.  

+4 HS
KBonay's picture

Did you have any contact with Coach Coombs during the process?  And if so, thoughts on his intensity.

+2 HS
JDunc686's picture

What about you as a person and a player allowed you to be so patient while trying to earn your scholarship offer?

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

If you had to pick 3 toppings on your pizza what would they be?

+1 HS