Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ricky DeBerry affected by Conner?

Brutus' Left Nut's picture
June 18, 2014 at 1:16am
18 Comments

I know that DeBerry plays Outside and Conner plays inside, but just curious if Conner's commitment affects DeBerry?  Would we take Baker, Hilliard, Conner and DeBerry if they all wanted in?  Sounded like we didn't want more than 3 LBs in this class?

I feel like DeBerry could be a catalyst for the top VA talent like Hilliard might be for this new wave of commitments.

m5987usus's picture

I do not think berry going to osu is a "real" possibility. He is going to play a more 3-4 DE type role. But I do not think he's coming here regardless of anyone committing. 

O-H!

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I think you mean its more of a 4-3 DE (3-4 DE are more like 280, he's a solid 250). I agree with that. I don't see Deberry being an OLB once he gets into his college career. He is going to be an excellent rush end for some team, and I wouldn't mind it being OSU.

and I agree that I don't see Deberry being effected by Conner. maybe others will but not him.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

DeBerry has the size and athleticism to be a 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, 4-3 OLB, or even an inside backer in either scheme.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

yes haha thank you that is what i meant!

O-H!

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I'd think that DeBerry is currently a little further down the list than a few guys Ohio State is still pursuing.

BroJim's picture

What about SKL?

I season my simple food with hunger

-1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I think SKL went out the window when he committed and then OSU took Conner.

I would say its 1. Hilliard and 2. Baker. If anyone is the next person it would be DeBerry.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Exactly. Staff would have kept after skl if Conner hadn't earned an offer.

BuckeyeJ's picture

I think the staff would still take skl if he would visit and flip. We are just taking one qb and one TE when we all thought 2 of both. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

Yeah I was stoked about DeBerry early, but it sounds like OSU has lost a lot of steam with him. Hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the case.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

KB3RG's picture

I think DeBerry either ends up at Clemson, Bama or Ohklhoma. I believe Clemson will win out, as they recently got a verbal from DeBerrys friend Clelin Ferrell. 

TraSmith4's picture

I don't think they are done pursuing SKL because they are only taking 1 QB now and our new long snapper McCullough is essentially just taking the scholly vacated by Marcus. I think SKL ends up at FSU at the end of the day but if the OSU staff can get him on campus I think they will. Some guys you just take if you can make room for them. That being said a package of Connor, Hilliard and Baker is waaaaay more than good enough! Best '15 LB class in the country just like the '14 LB class was but then again I am biased. 

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Marcus didn't necessarily vacate a scholarship.  When he left, we got down to our limit of 82 for the season.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

You are correct... my bad!

+1 HS
trigg03's picture

I thought DeBerry was being recruited as a WDE??

EDUGOON's picture

Deberry is a DE. I have seen little film on him playing standing up. He'd be a nice addition, but I like the idea of Conner,Hillard and Baker.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

Seattle Linga's picture

There are a few positions where you can never have too many great players - LB is one of them. Going to be interesting when it all breaks down on NSD

Groveport Heisman's picture

DeBerry will play in the spot Noah Spence currently occupies. Shouldnt have any effect at all.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.