Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Jashon Cornell

305Buck's picture
June 17, 2014 at 6:56pm
94 Comments

Last weekend Cornell canceled visits to MSU and Michigan. He has now informed 247 that he will not be able to make it to Penn State or Notre Dame this weekend.

He also tweeted out that his GF already knows where he is going to college.

Kid is all Buckeye imo.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

I thought he was formerly the #1 recruit in the nation or am I just going crazy?

+6 HS
OSU069's picture

He was on ESPN first 2015 rankings.

+4 HS
bethesdabuck's picture
+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

They found out he had no intentions on going to a sec school.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+86 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

It's sad but unfortunately true.

LEBRON

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture
+1 HS
sharks's picture

Close up shop, boys.  Groveport wins today.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+8 HS
blocko330's picture

Groveport, dude, post of the year IMO!! classic

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+2 HS
Butch_Driveshaft's picture

Congratulations, you have won the internet

He owes me 260 bucks vacation pay, and he won't fuckin' pay that, so I figured a handful of chips wasn't too much to ask.

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture
To Groveport:

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+5 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

But for real I think he dropped because when they ranked him he was a 230 pound beast of a DE, but over the summer before his next season he put on 30-40 pounds and now is projected to play on the inside.   He's still highly ranked none the less, I'm sure if he goes out and dominates like he has been he'll rocket up their rankings again.

+2 HS
Osurrt's picture

Because he included OSU in his Top 5?

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

You are right.  ESPN had him as their #1-not sure about now though if it's been updated.  

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

His stock will fall if he doesn't go to an SEC school per espin management

+5 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Oh yea-and if he ends up with the good guys, he will be the first player mentioned in their "overrated" section on signing day.

+4 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Yep, he will be deemed overrated by ESPN even though ESPN is the service that rated him that high in the first place. That is literally the dictionary definition of "hypocrite".

But what more can you expect from ESPN?

LEBRON

+2 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Exactly right. I don't even goto ESPN to look at recruiting bc it's all about the SEC or FSU. 247 is the way to go bc they actually know what they are doing! 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Hearing that he'll drop to 3 star if commits to a B1G school.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Yet if Illinois gets him he would magically be a 5* again

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

WHAT?!?! 
-BK

+7 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I didn't realize Grimace got into coaching.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
Northbrook's picture

Hes getting ready to eject the Wizard of Oz monkeys.

+1 HS
funtubs's picture

BK... Burger King?

teddyballgame's picture

If it all goes according to plan he'll be starting for us in a few years and we can remind Michigan how they turned him away LOL.

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

"Got room now?" 

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

This is the guy I want more than anyone is this class.  He is another Noah Spence.  Close 2nd is Harris or Kirk.

mtrotb

+2 HS
lljjgg's picture

Hilliard is the guy for me. He reminds me of Kwon in the sense that I feel like a lot of recruits look up to him. I also love when OSU is able to lock down the elite Ohio recruit(s) each year. Cornell and Harris would be a close 2nd and 3rd for me.

+3 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Good news for you sir is they basically seem like a package at this point! 

+1 HS

Heard he had the time of his life visiting here and silent committed on the spot. Just kidding I made that last part up but it sure does look good for the good guys.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS

So he canceled his visit to UM? I could have swore we had weasel fans on here telling us that Brady informed maybe the top player in the Country that he didnt  have room for him. Makes sense now.

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup, he said he couldnt make it away from the SMSB camp to visit. Have to think that LJ and Meyer got in this kid ear about those visits, seeing as how it was reported that the Buckeye staff was working Cornell the hardest at that camp.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

I love what the Urbz is Coolk'n. 

+2 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Well this certainly seems to have turned in our favor rather quickly.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Honestly, we're losing Bennett after the season as a senior, possibly Spence and/or Washington if they have stellar junior years, and at this point no way I see Bosa staying past his junior year we could definitely use a stud DL like him in our recruiting class. 

+5 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

I'm hoping Bosa will want to play a year with his brother!

+2 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

All the signs are pointing to Columbus.  Commitment watch?

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Still 2 months to go but as of now yes. He's scheduled to be at FNL as well. Urbs will lock him up there.

+2 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

305 you wanna tell them WHY he cancelled or do I have to? Somebody might get the impression he's ready to commit.

......A family matter caused him to cancel and he may still visit both PSU and ND..... His announcement date is still 8/28.

-10 HS
305Buck's picture

Writing is on the wall. He canceled visits 3-5 days away for a "family matter." Could it be true? Yes, but I've followed recruiting long enough to know that thats one of the most commonly used excuses to not visit a school.

Then he all of a sudden couldnt find the time while he was in Detroit to visit East Lansing or Ann Arbor?

Kid is all Buckeye.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

....do you need Michael Rockstedt to confirm this Sarasota?

+16 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Sarasota, relax a little. If you don't agree with 305, either do not comment or rephrase your question.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS

Kid has already said he knows where he is going. If he hasnt been to PSU yet or wherever we know it isnt there. Its a ND and tOSU battle and it looks like LJsr. has pulled us out in front.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Cornell wants to go to the same school as Hilliard. I think both will be Buckeyes. 

Killer nuts's picture

I want to up vote you sooo bad

+10 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Yeah if you do the math on what's been stated in the past about both have wanted to play together….This seems like direct paths to be Buckeyes!! 

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

FROMTHE18's picture

Harris wants to join that party too

+2 HS
BengalErnst's picture

Didn't we say similar things to last years #1 recruit?  Hand didn't fit into our plans last year.

Nicholas l Ernst

-2 HS
OSU069's picture

No. I think it was a mutual parting. Cornell on the other hand, did not expect Michigan to stop recruiting him.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Hilliard is really tight with both Cornell and Damien Harris! He could have a massive impact on this class! 

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Wow, too much recruiting information. I am getting dizzy. Oh, that was my third beer.

+11 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Only your third MN?  You have some catching up to do.

dubjayfootball90's picture

COME ON DOWN!!!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+4 HS
osu407's picture

If he does come here he could contribute as a freshman with Bennett's graduation and a deeper rotation. I would be very surprised if someone at OSU hasn't mentioned this to him already.

If we could also pull a few out of Gallimore, Settle, Sweat, Jones, Fullwood, and Wilkins, our d-line won't even drop off for more than a few early season games when our current linemen start terrorizing NFL quarterbacks instead of college ones. 

+3 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I have to remember how awesome this 2015 d-line class could be... I'm excited for Nick Bosa and the 2016 class.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+6 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

"Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Nick Bosa, but there weren't any horses around? Well, Nick Bosa throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Nick Bosa decides to enter me in the Breeders' Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, 'Don't shoot him, he's a human.'"

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+19 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Uh...

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+6 HS
RoyMunson's picture

I'm with you Glue, don't ever compromise your sense of humor.

"...and over the roar of the flames Brasky yells, always leave a place the way you found it!"

+2 HS
Danify's picture

I need an adult! I need an adult!

+4 HS
ITWASME's picture

10/10 Best Seller

Seattle Linga's picture

Double B always gets an upvote from me - love that skit

+4 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

"I went camping with Nick Bosa ... I'm in the back of a pickup with Nick and a live deer. Well, Nick Bosa, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, 'I'm Nick Bosa! Say it!' Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth -- "nickbosa!" It wasn't exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer."

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That's wrong on so many different levels Scarlet

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Yes. Yes it is.

There are times I wonder what in the world the guy was thinking when he agreed to have that photo taken...and then I quickly realize I don't really want to know.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I was thinking it was you brother

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture
+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I LOL'ed uncontrollably after reading this

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
SpoonerBuck33's picture

If we get Hilliard I think we all would have to agree with the experts in expecting the flood gates to open for us in a significant way.

+5 HS
cdkmike's picture

spot own hilliard the most key recruit in years 

Michael green

+1 HS

I agree Hilliard is absolutely critical with the relationships he has established at this juncture. If I had to pick one kid out of Ohio who I think will have the best college and Pro career though I think I would have to roll with Jerome Baker. Hopefully Baker is still high on the Buckeyes and joins this incredible to be class.

Gray Box's picture

Cornell currently has his announcement date for 8.28.14 (his first game and day of school). This is what I expect to see that day:

+7 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Is is is... is that a gray box I see...

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

RunEddieRun1983's picture

This is exciting news.  Steam is picking up on the Elite 15!

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

It's being reported that Cornell will visit Ohio State before FNL, and there may be a commitment on that day.

You think the canceled trips to ND, Penn State, MSU and Michigan were coincidences?

+5 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Him and Hilliard in the month of June along with all the other recruits that have committed to us would make this a fantastic month.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup, also heard not to rule out the possibility of Damien Harris committing to Ohio State at FNL.

Cornell and Hilliard will will definitely have their eyes set on Josh Sweat.

What a huge coup that would be.

+4 HS

Things are definitely looking good on the momentum tip. Lets  hope we can keep it up,how many days till FNL?

Hayze's picture

Dude you literally just copied and pasted that post from bucknuts.

-3 HS
305Buck's picture

From Bucknuts:

"He will be back at Ohio State before Friday Night Lights..

Prepare for the patented Pantoni... "BOOOOOOOM!

Update on TOS

PS: Did you think the cancelled trips to ND and PSU were coincidence

Where did I copy and paste anything from Bucknuts? I went to the source of the rumor "SCOUT" after I read it on Bucknuts. I wasn't even going to add the coincidence part until I remembered that Sarasota was trying to call me out yesterday about why he really cancelled the trips to PSU and ND.

Thanks for your input though, and it's nice to know that you and Sarasota will be checking to see if I got my info from Bucknuts or not. :)

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
Jrclark14's picture

I despise Ohio State but he is for sure headed your way. At least Whitehead, Burrell and Settle will all be at PSU this weekend

-10 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Show some respect when visiting this board, or despise OSU somewhere else.

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well said AHH - don't mind you're here amongst other trolls but I don't want to know about your hatred. If I am not mistaken - your PSU brother was in and out in less then 3 hours and was already booted for classless remarks toward tOSU.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Burrell is only making that trip because Adam Mclean wants him to. If you check his twitter, you would see where he told Harris he would have been at Ohio State with him tomorrow if he had asked sooner, but he already has plans to be at Penn State.

+1 HS

I despise Ohio State

Why? Is it because Penn State thinks they're a rival?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

The PSU-OSU rivalry is just like the one between man and ants. Sure, they're annoying, no one really wants them around, and it seems like they're everywhere, but in the end, you can just stomp on them and end the struggle pretty effortlessly.

+4 HS
ab1993's picture

yet they don't stop coming

-1 HS

you can just stomp on them and end the struggle pretty effortlessly.

Unless you're Michigan. XD