Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

I know everyone thinks we are off to a slow start but..

The Clean North's picture
May 7, 2014 at 8:53pm
16 Comments

At least we aren't that team up north. Granted they have 5 commits (1 kicker) to our 2, but they lost two huge commits in 5 stars George Campbell and Damien Harris. The offseason would be so much harder to take if they still had those two commits. 

Danify's picture

Like I said in the another earlier comment and post about this "slow start" subject... some fans are clearly in the 5 stages of grief. Case in point ... "At lease we aren't that team up north" aka Stage 3 - Bargaining. 

+4 HS
buckeyestu's picture

What is the first stage?

+1 HS
Earle's picture

No, that's not it.

Italics are for emphasis.

+10 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Appetizers.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+7 HS
The Clean North's picture

Nope. Just basic glass half full, big picture thinking. 

cajunbuckeye's picture

A basic glass, half full of Don Julio, and all of my recruiting fears fade away.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Geese another thread about our slow recruiting start. Seems like people are going to keep making these 

+3 HS
USMC11917's picture

Just joking. I get it.

-1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Honestly I think we get Gibson, Harris, Kirk, Drew Richmond (many forget him), Hilliard, JF Thomas, Deberry, Clark and Taylor.

Those would just add onto the people that seem to be for sure coming (Baker, Kilby, Van Jefferson, Dre'mont Jones, Fullwood, Burrell, Mcculough). For me, all those plus Jamel Dean and Glover-Williams would be solid.

nebraskafaninwi's picture

Life is easier if you just deal with reality. It is a slow start. It is what it is. You guys will be fine in the end. Things will pick up. 

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Im stealing this from Bucknuts, but this makes me feel better about the slow start.

Urban at Florida and how many commits he had on May 8th of that year.

2006-1 commit, finished 2nd

2007-1 commit (Aaron Hernandez), finished 1st.

2008-1 commit, finished 10th

2009-2 commits, finished 18th

2010-9 commits, finished 1st

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah but the people he recruited to Florida sucked, remember? That's why Will Muschamp did so poorly.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Buckeye06's picture

Recruiting has also changed a ton in the past 5 years, to where recruiting happens a lot earlier in the game now

I am not in denial because OSU doesn't have a problem.  It's a slow start for sure, but you can only have 5 stages if you are denying something that is true ie; OSU can no longer recruit