Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Pantoni on the state of OSU recruiting

BassDropper's picture
May 6, 2014 at 9:20pm
31 Comments

Strange that he would tweet this, but I agree. The hype that Urban brought to OSU has died down since the last 2 games of the season. I agree with the message that we need to handle business on the field, and that will help lure recruits.

Killer nuts's picture

I read that as referring to the hype around James Franklin

+45 HS
irishfury's picture

Really would like to here from the coaches on whats going on with recruiting.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Does anyone else get the feeling that all OSU needs is one of these 2015 targets to commit, and then the floodgates will open?

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Bagmen and whores seem to be working better.

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

This is definitely about penn state. You'll never hear pantoni say anything saddening about OSU. 

+10 HS
rosycheeks's picture

Bassdropper. Enough said.

+22 HS
SilverState's picture

Stop trying to interpret Tweets Bass. You suck at it. Lol.

+17 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

He is talking about PSU and Franklin.  The hype surrounding PSU will start to fade once football takes place this fall.  

+5 HS
2002osubuck's picture

Not talkng about OSU at all. Talking about the PSU and Franklin hype. Not to mention, PSU's reached their commit limit of 15 and won't be doing much else.

+3 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

They're going for a full class according to 247. The 15 limit is taking into account ZERO transfers, dismissals, early grads and NFL departures, which they'll surely have (as does every team).

buckguyfan1's picture

He's talking about the 98 new donut shops in Ann Arbor. 

+9 HS
BassDropper's picture

Im sure you can see why I thought Pantoni was speaking about OSU. He's speaking from experience.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
nebraskafaninwi's picture

There are times when schools spike in recruiting when they bring in a new coach and then they fade away or the "big time" recruits do not pan out. 

Consistent, steady recruiting is the best way to go and then build depth. 

+2 HS
Eph97's picture

We heard this euphoria from the scummers before. Strangely, they are rather silent these days. Same thing that will happen to PSU after results on the field come about. Color me not impressed with Franklin's coaching; he lost to Northwestern twice and did not beat a ranked opponent while at Vandy.

+2 HS
bgsubuckeye's picture

Franklin losing to NW twice is something a lot of people seem to forget. 

+7 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I think Bass just likes to rattle the cage...

+3 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Nah, dude is a grade "A" negative Nancy. He only acts like he was kidding or being sarcastic when enough regular posters call him out on his posts. He doesn't troll on purpose its more like he just posts about what he is feeling at that exact moment and instead of waiting for others to calm him down off the ledge. He uses the JK mantra over and over after responses to his posts have  made him feel silly. It was a good act for awhile but now trying to play both sides of the fence is becoming pretty comical.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Q: Who (of significance) has a James Franklin-coached team ever beat?

A: No one.

BassDropper's picture

His team beat a top 15 team last year...something Urban has yet to accomplish at Ohio State.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

His team beat a UGA team that had a ton of injuries. Good for him.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+12 HS
kicks's picture

troll troll troll

+10 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Should force rename Bassdropper to Basstroller

Go Bucks!

+7 HS
rWill22's picture

Bassdropper attempting to interpret this tweet is similar to the fake signer at Mandelas funeral...

+5 HS
Gray Box's picture

This seems to be a little insight from Pantoni:

+8 HS
sb97's picture

I misread that tweet initially.  I honestly thought it said coaches were going to plant FANGS in the next 2.5 weeks.

nebraskafaninwi's picture

Translation = Urban is pissed and had a coaches meeting to re-energize things since they will need to go after new targets like Jones, a QB out in Cali. 

Squirrel Master's picture

Dropping Bass fishes since June 2013!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+7 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

LOL. even better!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+11 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Makes me wonder if his name really implies that he quit listening to Lance Bass.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Pantoni and Crew getting ready to drop bombs !!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS