Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Cross Tim Settle off the board

Silver Bullet 10's picture
April 24, 2014 at 7:00pm
43 Comments

Ohio State no longer recruiting him per 247Sports.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

What happened?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

teddyballgame's picture

We'll probably never know the real reason.  It does seem strange to drop all interest so quickly though...

DannyBeane's picture

I don't know all the details but... 

+6 HS
Danify's picture

Well ... that will give me nightmares now. ._.

+1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

Was never gonna come here, IMO. 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Time to hit this before the train gets derailed.............Again!

+8 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

link? I can't find anything about it on 247.

LEBRON

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

link? I can't find anything about it on 247.

Link to the 'Relax' button? I've been searching for that for years but my therapist says there's no such thing. Good luck with that one bud.

Gone ham, be back soon...

osubuck57's picture

Trust in Urban. Must feel pretty good about Christian Wilkins and Elijah Taylor,IF true. I'd feel great if we got both of those young men. Pair them with Dre'mont Jones and either Darius Fullwood or Darian Roseboro at DE, and call it a day.

SCOTTC.

-1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

Is there a link? He's visiting may 31 and the coaches had him on campus several times already. He's talked about us very favorably. Also, Johnson recruits Virginia hard so I doubt he'd just stop recruiting the best player. We want Taylor, Settle, Fullwood and Jones for dline from what I've seen.

The Clean North's picture

When we lost Vrabel we lost him. 

-2 HS
Buckeye4life23's picture

I really miss grayboxes...

Muck Fichigan that is all.

+3 HS
BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

If urban and company don't want him neither do I! Peace out settle! 

+1 HS
SpoonerBuck33's picture

They also reported Vrabel and Urban having a physical altercation last year, which was made up garbage btw. Until multiple sites and/or Birm report it I'd take with a grain of salt.

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

Nope. An item in the Boarding House (which has a disclaimer that it should not be taken as fact and are just rumors!) is different than an actual report. The report was from Alex Gleitman by the way, a former staff member of 11W who has just as much credibility as Birm does.

+4 HS
SpoonerBuck33's picture

Boarding house or not they've had previous blunders in the past and are on eggshells with the current staff.

sivaDavis's picture

All that link did was remind me how delusional Penn State fans are and how badly I want them to lose by 30 each game. Some of the posts by PSU fans on there are laughable. You got beat by 49 points and you REALLY wanna try and talk mess about Urban and his recruiting? Haha man I don't think it will be a blowout but I sure do hope we crush their spirit this year. First Franklin is taking the Spring recruiting crown and now their fans think they are going to just magically turn it around in one year and run the table... 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Bon Voyage! I guess he'll have too settle playing for another team!            Ha ha ha

Gooz-fra-bah...

-2 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Lol can anyone else fucking admit that Urban has been beaten quite a bit this year? Everyone keeps saying "trust the staff" and other shit... no shit we trust Urban Fucking Meyer, but a non-bias fan can admit that he has been off with recruiting so far this year. He's still a great recruiter and coach, and no the sky is not falling... just making an obvious statement 

+4 HS
cinserious's picture

True, true B2D. Urban is not up to standard at this VERY early stage. However, if history is any indication, the rebound is coming and we probably end up with another top 5 class. Moot point taken.

Gone ham, be back soon...

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

While that may be true, but as we've learned from Urban before, a commitment means nothing until a L.O.I is signed. He's has great luck flipping players before. Its a long way to go till NSD and I know when I was 17/18, my mind changed on a monthly basis.

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

WOW, another Thomas Holley situation

OSUlewis's picture

I get the impression that with Holley we actually stopped recruiting him but I feel with Settle we are stopping the recruitment because he is no longer that interested in us. No need to waste the time and money on a recruit that has limited interest when we could show somebody else the "love".

+1 HS
bull1214's picture

hes bama bound imo anyway

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

Yup I think he wants to play with D.Hand

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

He does say here that ohio state did stop recruiting him, looks like urban has others in mind 

http://youtu.be/VloMxeV6Fn4

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
Mercurius's picture

Here's hoping it's because we have Christian Wilkins already locked up. I still thought we would take more than one DT, We didn't have any in last years class and there are two graduating after this year.

SilverBullet-98's picture

"The Past Builds the Future"

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

5 star DT? More like 5 star crybaby. OSU doesn't want you. Get over it. There are other schools who do. Focus on those and stop crying about it . 

-2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

He grew up as a huge OSU fan, he's a top-20 player nationally, and after they had initially been recruiting him, they stopped abruptly and apparently didn't tell him why. I'd be pretty upset too.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
tiph88n's picture

I bet he knows the reason, but doesn't want anyone else to know; so, he's throwing our asses under the bus to cover his.

Pain is temporary...pride is forever!

-1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I mean... can you blame him, though?

To us, as Ohio State fans, we always want Ohio State to look good. But he's not a Buckeye, he's an uncommitted 5-star high school prospect. He's trying to do what's best for himself. He's obviously upset about whatever happened with him and OSU. I would be, too, if my favorite team stopped recruiting me.

Before we all go attacking this kid, let's remember that he's 17 and that, as 17-year-olds, we probably weren't much better.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-3 HS
tiph88n's picture

I understand this, but for us to be recruiting him hard meant we really wanted him.  Suddenly we stop...what does that tell us?  Probably that nothing changed concerning our staff, but something changed on Settle's part, and for us to completely stop recruiting him?  Something happened we probably did not like.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Sounds like a kid no matter how talented we need to stay away from.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-7 HS
Becool12's picture

Where do you draw the line on calling teenagers names? You would feel disrespected if your favorite college stopped recruiting you to. He said he didn't want to talk about it much but he clearly seemed hurt. 

+5 HS
HolyBuckeyeOSU's picture

Watching Mr. Settle's interview I am glad we are not recruiting this kid. I am no psychologist but I can already tell this kid could have issues going forward. Very egotistical, Tim Settle loves himself some Tim Settle. The fact that the Buckeyes are not "showing him love" is considered disrespectful should be everyone's first sign that it is all about the attention he thinks he is deserved. Boston College and Maryland may offer soon according to him but they are late to his party to even be considered...so...BC and Maryland don't waste your time, apparently. Kid cannot even stand still and couldn't stop clapping his hands while the interview was being conducted. 

Go Buckeyes! 

Becool12's picture

He did seem fidgety, but that could just be ADHD or something. I think people are looking so much into the fact that he said he felt disrespected by OSU not recruiting him. If you are familiar with Tim Settle, you will know that he was an OSU fan growing up. We recruited him very hard last year and we were one of his top colleges. In his past interviews, he used to smile when he talked about OSU and Coach Vrabel. And, of course they are too late to the party. When Bama offered EZE, he said they were too late and he was already committed, even though he was still considering Mizzou. Does that mean he is arrogant?  

+2 HS
SonOfBuckeye's picture

When Bama offered EZE, he said they were too late and he was already committed, even though he was still considering Mizzou. Does that mean he is arrogant?

It isn't arrogant to rule out a school because you prefer another that offered you earlier.  It is arrogant to describe a school as "disrespectful" because they stopped recruiting you, as though you're entitled to their perpetual interest.

Becool12's picture

Maybe it could have been from him lacking a better vocabulary. You don't know what they promised him before they just stopped recruiting him. He was one of our top targets at a point, we were his presumed leader (only OSU and Settle would know), and we got him to pay for many visits to drive from Virginia on his own dime. He even brought DeShawn Hand with him, who said he didn't even want to visit OSU but did it for Settle. Now, if you were in Settle's shoes and a school that was your favorite school stopped recruiting you without any notice or reason why, then I would feel disrespected too. 

tiph88n's picture

I think the SEC got their claws into him, and fortunately for us, we aren't the SEC.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

-2 HS