Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Basketball Mailbag 3-20

Mike Young's picture
March 13, 2014 at 8:52pm
18 Comments

Haven't done one of these in a while... Perfect time, considering it's March and we're all intensely watching Ohio State basketball. I'm sure you're wondering if they're bringing in anyone that can create his own shot or hit free throws. 

If you have questions regarding that, any general basketball recruiting questions, Ohio State or Big Ten basketball, college basketball, Cleveland sports questions, complaints about the season finale of True Detective, etc. hit me up. I'll include as many as I can for my mailbag next Thursday (while I'm laying out on the pool deck at Planet Hollywood).

osubuck57's picture

Who would be your best guess, as our next commit, for 2015 and Thad??

SCOTTC.

+2 HS
Lawver_5's picture

What are the current statuses of Calton Bragg and Luke Kennard? I've seen Kennard trending towards Kentucky and most recently Duke, and haven't heard a whole lot regarding Bragg. It would be a pretty big blow to lose that kind of in state talent.

ab1993's picture

Do you think we have a realistic chance at Myles Turner? It seems as him and D'Angelo Russell would play well together, hopefully he'll see that at the mcdonald's all american game

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Any update on an offer or visit for 2015 Center Noah Dickerson, from Montverde Academy in Florida, (teammate of D'Angelo Russell)?

He would be a nice replacement/upgrade after Williams & McDonald are gone.

Thanks.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Is there any talk about only recruiting guys that can hit above 60% from the free throw line?

+6 HS
Smanpoint10's picture

Who is your favorite player in the 2014 class?

c92996p's picture

Is there any news on whether or not Q will decide to forego his senior season? I would love it if he stayed, as it would give us 4 seniors in our starting 5 plus McDonald off the bench

Mortc15's picture

I wouldn't be so sure about that with the freshman talent coming in. If those frosh are as good as expected, more than 1 current projected starter might see a starting spot lost or at least significant time reduction.

Buck-I4Life

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

I'd be very surprised if Russell does not start. He can play both guard spots, which gives you a ton of flexibility in your rotations.

ab1993's picture

I would not be upset if Q left

Seattle Linga's picture

Don't agree - as our only real threat offensively this year - he certainly has come around the last few games. Although he doesn't play defense very well. We will need him next year

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

I definitely would like him to stay, but it's kind of the same thing I said when the Braxton to the NFL conversation was going on. I definitely wanted him to say, but at the same time, if he thought the best thing for him was leaving, then I wasn't worried with the talent we have coming in after him.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It's all good - with the talent coming in next year - I believe his offensive game will really be elevated.

buckeyebowhunter's picture

What under the radar prospects in Ohio or the Midwest could wind up with an offer down the road?

+1 HS
bergy22's picture

Is there a backup plan in the event Myles Turner does not come here? Any big guy that has the ability to catch and/or rebound or dunk without dribbling. At this point i'm not picky.

Woodshed's picture

0% chance turner is going to osu. IMO they are done for next year.

ab1993's picture

I wouldn't say 0% chance. If Joel Embiid stays at Kansas, I think he'll most likely end up at Texas, but he said a large portion of his decision was contingent on how he played with other players at the McDonald's All Star game. Let's hope Russell can get this guy

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Do you see us signing another Big Man or a transfer? 

Buckeye fan from PA