Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ben Edwards will be a monster

BlockO's picture
February 12, 2014 at 4:49am
14 Comments
BlockO's picture

Damn this dude brings a hit....

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

Colerainbuck's picture

Put him and Worley out on field together and just watch the receivers get alligator arms. These two bring the pain!

CCatanzaro's picture

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

+6 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Big hitter and fast to the ball in his own right. Edwards spreading the OSU message to his teammates is a bonus. What a stacked high school team!

Osurrt's picture

The kid definitely comes a calling with bad intentions. Some of those hits were absolutely vicious. He will have to be very careful in the NCAA with the crazy targeting rules. Thought I saw 2 or 3 flags on those big hits.

Just as long as he wraps up as well, I am cool with those types of hits every now and than.

cinserious's picture

The first flag was a bullshit call though. Maybe Edwards already has a 'nasty' reputation down in Fla. and they have a flag halfway out whenever he's on the field;) 

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

vwhiegs57's picture

This kid looks like he plays reckless, but i love that! LOVE HITTING PEOPLE, IT"S FOOTBALL!  Unfortunately with the new found love for 'SOFT' play being implemented into the game today, as you can see in his highlight's, that draws a lot of laundry!

+1 HS
Katzfan's picture

This kid won't be a 3 star for long.  Looks big on the field and hits BIGGER... Man, I can't wait to see all these recruits over the last 2-3 years start to come to fruition... Buckeyes!

+1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

I am so excited about Ben Edwards. He also carries a 3.8 GPA (damn, we are getting some smart kids y'all!). In the last couple recruiting cycles, I was most amazed at Vonn Bell's tape. But I am telling you that I am even more impressed with Edwards' tape. Kid is going to be a beast and will be a top 75 player when all the recruiting rankings come out. We got a good one. Go Bucks!

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
stittracer99's picture

I'm just glad he's on our side

+1 HS
jrich612's picture

Do you want to go across the middle on this guy? 

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

This kid could be a 5 star this time next year. Don't pay attention to rankings and stars until May or June (even then sites still make major changes) This time last year Terry McLauren was a 2 star, and I know there are more examples out there.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Needs to polish his game a bit,wrap up instead of felonious assault (assault is fine as long as the receiver goes down). I didn't really see too great of ball skills,as far as staying stride for stride with receivers. Other than that he looks good coming downhill to stuff the run, and obviously the hitting is fantastic

UFM_Renewal