Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ben Edwards S --- Commited to tOSU today!

kareemabduljacobb's picture
February 11, 2014 at 4:08pm
25 Comments

Per Ryan Bartow.

Another Florida boy.

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Congratulations, Ben! Welcome to Buckeye Nation! I love early commits. 

ESPN - Not ranked

Scout - 3 star

Rivals - 4 star, 5th best S and #149 overall.

247 - 3 Star

Don't really know much about him, but has other early offers from Auburn, Stanford, GTech, UNC, PSU, Mizzu, ND, L'Ville...  Pretty decent offer list so far... may be a prospect who will blow up in the recruiting scene in the near future.

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Even though 247 has him ranked as a 3* at the moment, they give him a home-page story and called him one of the best DBs in Florida, so I have a feeling he'll skyrocket throughout the season.

Love the fact that he's from the same HS as 4* Jeffrey Holland and 5* Kevin Tolliver II. Hope OSU starts to make in-roads at that very talented HS! Urb's hitting Florida hard, I tell ya what.

JACKTATUMSFOREARM's picture

Nice video! Seems to have a knack for separating the ball from the carrier.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Damn this kid hits hard!  Not half bad in coverage either.  Hopefully he can learn to wrap up and not draw so many flags from malicious hits.  Really don't like seeing that.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Holy shit this kid is a down right assassin. Havent seen a kid come up and put a pop with bad intentions like that since Najee Murray. Looks fast,long,rangy and has superb football instincts. I imagine this kid blowing up once everyone has a chance to evaluate him. Im psyched. Welcome to Buckeye Nation Mr. Edwards.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Also excited to see offers from Stanford,Vandy,ND,and UCLA. Kid must be pretty good in the class room as well and you need a smart guy back there as your last line of defense.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

You need to wear a helmet just to watch that film.

I trust in Meyer. This kid looks legit. Welcome to BuckeyNation!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

This is great this kid plays with reckless abandonment I love it.

Art Harrell's picture

Wow!!--this young man will hurt you--Welcome Ben--Go Bucks

buckeyeEddie27's picture

This staff has proven they have an eye for talent.  If this staff wants and takes a guy, I'm excited to have him.   3 star, pffff, let's talk on NSD.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

cdkmike's picture

love this kid go buckeyes 

Michael green

"I'm going to recruit my tail off for Ohio State. Kevin Toliver and Jeffery Holland will be my main targets."

Love that he's going to start recruiting some of the big names in FL as well... man, if we could land those 2 guys as well... plus Gibson.. Ruh Row!

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Ruh Row!

Scooby voice.  Nice.

+1 HS
Frank The Tank's picture

LOL I love the part of the film that is just him demolishing kids with illegal hits, getting flagged and standing over the kid he hit. Hilarious.

-1 HS
buckeyebowhunter's picture

Loved his video. Ironic 11W releases the Tatum site, and the buckeyes seem to have found an assassin of their own. Coincidence?

SpoonerBuck33's picture

Been waiting for us to land some Whitner/Doss type safeties and I think Edwards and Smith are in that mold. Birm you've been a busy man today appreciate all the news! 

Hayesedandconfused's picture

I like the fact he has a 4.1 GPA

+1 HS
bull1214's picture

I love this film! great pickup. gotta say I had flashbacks to mike doss layin the wood.

KBonay's picture

2/3 of this class is from what state?!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Were not done yet nabbing all the great talent from Florida and I can guarantee - we don't teach our lineman to block each other during games. 

+4 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Man I love the way this kid hits like a hammer!