Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Five-Star, 2015 C Daniel Giddens Has OSU in Top 6

Mike Young's picture
February 7, 2014 at 12:18pm
8 Comments

High school junior Daniel Giddens announced his top-six schools, Thursday evening, and Ohio State made the cut. In addition to the Buckeyes, the Marietta (Ga.) product also plans to choose from Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana and Kansas. 

According to 247Sports' Composite Raknings, Giddens is in the top-five at his position and a top-25 prospect, overall. He took an unofficial visit to Columbus in December and Thad Matta is also recruiting his teammate, Jaylen Brown. 

Check out these highlights of the 6-foot-10-inch, 215 pound center:

Killer nuts's picture

His list of top 6 schools made no sense until I realized he is a center in basketball, not football. Hope Thad can reel him in

+8 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I was so confused reading that there was a 6'10, 215 pound football player out there. Then I realized, DUH!

BUCKfutter's picture

/NEED

Any relation to JR Giddens formerly of Kansas?

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

Buckidelphia's picture

Moves very well for a big man, is he considered more a four on the college level?

Osurrt's picture

So throwing this one out there as I am interested to here people's thoughts. Why does Matta seem to struggle recruiting big men? It has been a long time since Greg Oden was on campus and he was the last stellar "true" big man. Sullinger to me was more of a power forward. The lack of a true athletic center has been the downfall of the Bucks for the last 3-5 years.

-1 HS
Buckeye Scottie's picture

Big men are hard to find, that is a big reason.  There have been other 'bigs' that have been solid if not spectacular: Sullinger, Koufous, Mullens.  It just that they all left early and never reached their top potential while at OSU.  As much as I absolutely cannot stand to watch Amir Williams play, he was a McDonald's All-American.  That is 4 NBA bigs + Amir in the last 10 yrs or so.  I would say that isn't too shabby.

+5 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

Oden, Sullinger, Kufos, & Mullens. That's four first round picks in 5-6 years? I have to imagine that is as good as anyone in the country. 

+1 HS
Jack_Q_Football's picture

I'd add Sully into that list as well...I know he's more of a PF, but he was our C/"Big Man" at OSU.

p.s. what a stud he's becoming, Sully had 31 points and 16 rebounds last night