Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Would It Take to Even the Score with ScUM

+5 HS
kiddbuckeye's picture
December 7, 2020 at 3:20pm
80 Comments

Its scUM, TTUN or HATE week, choose your preference. Its the week I walk around saying screw the blue, rewatch BIG games from The Game, only the ones we wom of course, which is lately, almost. Yes, Braxton a little loft and touch on that ball and maybe we are talking about a PERFECT 21 century.

Growing up during the ten year war gave me some perspective on/about The Game. I was young and just developing my hatred but with limited media, being young and living Cleveland I was somewhat sheltered from the details. Then came the 80's which had some moments but the team held its own for the most part, at least in my mind without reviewing all the facts.

Then came the 90's, the darkness, which some of us know and others have heard at nauseam. In my opinion this somewhat naturally divides the fan base, those who experienced it and lived it vs those who have heard/read the stories.

Over the past 20 years, the pendulum has strung in our favor and then some. Everything that went wrong in the 90's has now gone right for us. This leads to my question for those, like me who have lived and experienced this darkness. What will it take in your mind to consider yourself even. Will it be reclaiming the all-time series lead, Harbaugh with a lifetime contract, a 69-0 or 100-0 win, a lack of future not to be greater than where they are at right now or dismantling of the program, or something else or maybe nothing.

For me I don't think anything will ever erase the sickness I get when thinking about that time period, the losses in 95, 96 and 97 and the frustration of those games will live with me forever and nothing can in my mind make me even. For me no discussion starts until we over take them in the all series. GO BUCKS, SCREW THE BLUE, and I will leave you with this song

https://youtu.be/ezUNyTsG4RI

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments