Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

11W nailed the Studrawa hire - way back in November of 2011

+1 HS
jedkat's picture
June 30, 2016 at 9:22am
23 Comments

So I noticed that the PL was open and decided to peruse Jason's AMA when I came upon this comment:

I think the Tressel-Meyer transition really kind of put us on the map. Ramzy, Johnny, Chris and so many others did a great job covering the Tressel thing, which really helped because Ohio State fans were looking for comfort food.

Then one of our readers here broke the news of a private jet from Gainesville to Don Scott and we were able to confirm with sources that Meyer had been offered the job. Breaking that publicly was big for us. It wasn't hard to think he'd be the No. 1 candidate and he'd be interested, and some outlets kind of clowned on us for that, but hopefully you guys have been around long enough to know we are very accurate and don't publish garbage or things we aren't confident in.

Someone asked about the private jet thread which got me digging around. I couldn't find it, but I did find THIS little gem of an article which had a very appropriate bullet point:

LSU offensive coordinator Greg Studrawa, a Fostoria native who coached with Meyer at Bowling Green, is very much in play to become a member of Meyer's staff at Ohio State.

Not Bad Work for November 18,2011 11W, not bad at all.

Since we're coming up on year five of the Urban Meyer Express feel free to dig around the site and post all the interesting articles and tidbits you can find. You know, for off season boredom and glory and stuff.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments