Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Torrance Gibson Transfer Rumor Addressed

Matt Gutridge's picture
November 11, 2015 at 9:34am
52 Comments
Torrance Gibson

Since his arrival at Ohio State there has been much speculation about Torrance Gibson and his future with the Buckeyes. The first questions revolved around his playing position. Next came his injury status and finally rumors about a possible transfer.

The Columbus Dispatch addressed the rumors with Ohio State's WR coach Zach Smith. In the article Smith revealed that he also heard rumors that Gibson might transfer. Smith went pro-active and had a "heart-to-heart talk" with Gibson recently.

‘I’m all in. I don’t want to be frustrated. I don’t want to struggle. I don’t want to not do the right thing. I want to do everything right, so please just help me do that.’ ”– Torrance Gibson

Excerpts from today's article:

“He really opened his chest and gave his heart to me,” Smith said. “He was frustrated, struggling with it all, and he finally got to a point where he finally was just like, ‘I’m all in. I don’t want to be frustrated. I don’t want to struggle. I don’t want to not do the right thing. I want to do everything right, so please just help me do that.’ ”

[...]

He suffered a sprained ankle in training camp. Maturity issues also surfaced. Gibson hasn’t been in uniform the past several games, and coach Urban Meyer said a few weeks ago that Gibson had to learn to “take care of his business” academically.

Smith on Gibson's injury and maturity:

“There have been bumps in the road, but he’s responding,” Smith said. “It’s about transforming him from a kid coming out of high school with some raw talent into a grown man that handles his business off the field, on the field, and becomes a receiver.”

[...]

“It’s just little motivational tools to get him to operate the way we want him to operate,” Smith said. “He’s bought in 100 percent now, which is a good thing.”

Zach Smith also stated he was not sure if Gibson would travel with the team to Illinois, but that he expected him to be dressed for Michigan State.

Torrance Gibson is a player I was hoping to see on the field this season. From the early reports about his play at receiver I thought he could have made a positive impact for the offense. How this season unfolded it now appears Torrance Gibson will make his impact in 2016.

The question now reverts back to what position will he play? I like that question a heck of a lot better than what school will he transfer to?

After watching his savage skill, is there much doubt where Gibson should line up next year?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments