Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tim Beck and the play calling so far

0 HS
blh's picture
September 14, 2015 at 6:20pm
35 Comments

So, full disclosure, I am also a big Nebraska fan. While I grew up in Columbus as a huge OSU fan, my mom graduated from Nebraska before moving to Ohio to attend graduate school and eventually teach/work at OSU. So I come by my NU fanhood honestly and before Nebraska joined the Big Ten, it was never a big deal as the two teams never played each other. This is all preface to my point, which is that I've spent the past few years watching Beck as the OC of Nebraska more closely than other OSU fans may have. And while I know he's only the co-OC, and we're dealing with a very small sample size, I'm starting to feel some of the frustrations with this offense that I used to with Nebraska's. Namely, the refusal to run teams over and utilize the outstanding tailbacks that he's had at his disposal in both places. Again, I'm not saying the sky is falling, but I have noticed others on the site complaining about the play calling, and I'm just pointing out that it reminds me of what I saw at Nebraska while Beck was the OC there. Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there and see what the commentariat has to say. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments