Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Keys To The Game: Sugar Bowl

0 HS
cinserious's picture
December 14, 2014 at 3:04am
36 Comments

#1: The Sugar Bowl will be won in the trenches. Strongest, most disciplined, experienced, best coached O-Line and D-line wins the game.

#2: Whichever team's head coach and defensive coordinators game plan and scheme the best wins the game. Depending on the game's progression, whoever makes the best 2nd half adjustments and counters, wins the game.

#3: The Sugar Bowl MUST be treated like a National Championship game, a new concept for the first ever CFB Playoff. There is no second game after the Sugar Bowl. Every ounce of planning, strategy and resource must be put into this final game, win or lose. 

Lane Kifffin is a darn good offensive coordinator, but his mental capacity is somewhat limited (non-MENSA member). Kiffin also has a limited number of impact players like Amari Cooper, T.J. Yeldon, etc. In a traditional way, they are very good at what they do but the Buckeyes have a better offensive minded HC, OC, and much more skill position firepower. Advantage: Buckeyes.

Defensively, Alabama might have the advantage in HC, DC, and a more experienced/skilled defensive unit. 

I can't predict which team will get up big in the first half (if either), but in-game adjustments or half time adjustments WILL have to be made. This is the game where the Buckeye assistants will have the greatest chance to prove themselves on a grand stage against the top assistants in the country, against the top head coach in the country, the top team from the top conference in the country. 

Urban's been here before. He knows exactly how to play the disrespected underdog card. Its the 'us against the world' mentality that he sold his 2006 team and you better believe he's selling it to his 2014 players and assistants.

The only difference is, after you win the National Championship these days, you have to solidify it with one more game. We get past 'Bama, and I feel our coaching staff outclasses both Oregon and FSU. 

I expect a tight game. 57 O/U.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments