Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Luck & Superstition Question

0 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture
December 6, 2014 at 5:47pm
15 Comments

Getting ready to go to the bar to watch the game. I'm wearing the same OSU surgical scrubs I've worn on game days for the last 3 seasons. Rockin' scarlet, black, and gray running shoes. And I just bought these socks that I have yet to wear:

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/pgmain/img/plain-dealer/photo/2014/06/-af8199b2cc99428a.png

So the question is this - since my current superstition about my attire is obviously & directly involved in some mystical, cosmic fashion with the Buckeyes last 3 years of good fortune, which option should I take:

1. Wear my normal white athletic socks & not screw with karma.

2. Believe that the new socks came into my life for a serendipitous reason, and that my wearing them could be the little extra ooomph that the Bucks need to get them over the top.

3. Take the Buckeye socks with me, and if we are behind at the half change into them.

4. Wear the Buckeye socks to start the game. If we're behind at the half, go to the men's room, change, burn the socks to remove the bad juju, get arrested for arson, drunk & disorderly, and have a story to tell the grandchildren on my deathbed - that I won the OSU - UW game back in 2014 by destroying the evil socks that were stopping OSU's success.

OK, guys & gals - what would you do? And tell me - do you have a superstition you are making sure is all in order tonight to ensure the Buckeyes' success?

P.S. And yes, I can't wait for the game to start.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments