Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

I've asked this before, but I still need some help

DerryKing's picture
September 4, 2014 at 5:03pm
15 Comments

First, let me start out by saying I have never been to a game before. I just started school this fall and I have student tickets. I have tickets to the game Saturday, but no one I know is going. I'm also 18, so I will not be drinking. I just don't know when to get there, where to go, what kind of things I need. Any help is appreciated.

Dirty419Boy's picture

I don't think there's much to tell you really.  You're going to be sitting near a lot of other students.  Get to know them!  Meet new friends- maybe some you will be friends with the rest of your life.

Also, I am completely jealous.  Have fun! GO BUCKS!

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Pretty much all up to you. You should check out the Skull Session, where the band has a pre-game pep rally, it starts 2 hours, 20 minutes before game, but there's limited seating, so get there early:

http://www.columbusonthecheap.com/2014-tbdbitl-skull-sessions-at-ohio-st...

People will be spread out tailgating all over. Most should be really nice. So if you wanna just meet some people and say it's your first game, and you're going alone, I'm sure people would love to have you hang out. 

Other than that, make sure you are in the stadium at your seat half hour before kickoff, the band usually takes the field 20 minutes before kickoff, and it's an AWESOME moment. 

I'm not sure how you are getting there, but if you are driving, you should probably park at one of the lots farther away and take a shuttle bus to game. Make sure to ask if it picks up in same place that it drops you off. 

This page has info on gameday parking, and links to where the lots are:

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/gameday/#parking

I'm sure you'll have a great time, impossible to get around the stadium too early, just a matter of how long you wanna be walking around.

+3 HS
DerryKing's picture

Yeah, I was considering that. Seems like a good idea.

+1 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Yeah, go to the Skull Session. Before and after that enjoy the time just walking around and taking it in. Right after the Skull Session the cheerleaders are usually in the grassy area between St. Johns Arena and the Stadium so it's interesting to check them out if you're not doing anything else.

If you are not with any friends just enjoy the atmosphere. But definitely make it in for the Ramp. Go in early so you don't have to worry about being rushed and you can look around before you take your seat. If you wait too long to enter the stadium it get's pretty rushed and could be difficult to get to your seat when you want. So I agree with all of what BrooklynBuckeye said. And as Dirty419boy stated, meet the other students and celebrate like hell with all of those people you've never met before. It will be awesome.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

braneli's picture

Have a freaking blast man! It will be righteous!!!

Arrive early, and take in the entire game day experience... Be weather-conscious, and just be ready to have a kick ass time!

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Get to the gates like 30 minutes before kickoff, high five everyone after touchdowns and BE LOUD.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

You mean you can't drink at 18?

+2 HS
DerryKing's picture

Haha well I have to drive also so it probably isn't a good idea.

The Rill Dill's picture

Like mentioned above-----ass in seat 30 minutes prior, as in:  DON'T MISS THE BAND'S RAMP ENTRANCE.

Go1Bucks's picture

Sad he won't see the Best Director in the Land too, but the Band is the Shit!

Go Bucks!

BuckeyeSouth's picture

Night game at the Shoe against a quality opponent?  That first game will be hard to top.  Have a great time, Derry!

Embrace it.

+1 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Check out some parties east of high street just off campus. Most of the student body (other than freshman) live there. You can go anywhere from chittenden all the way up to lane ave and everywhere in between. Since it's a night game there will be parties, keggers, people hanging out everywhere. It's a great place and atmosphere to meet people and some of your fellow students.  Oh and btw, most people hosting larger parties don't mind welcoming a newcomer to the house, especially if you aren't drinking their booze anyway. Have fun and live up every moment you have there. It will be the best time in your life.  Wish I could go back in time...