Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Now that Urban is gone, Florida is cracking down on discipline

cplunk's picture
September 2, 2014 at 1:04pm
13 Comments
toad1204's picture

To paraphrase -

Coach Will Muschamp announced on Monday that starting defensive tackle Darious Cummings, wide receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick will play this Saturday against Eastern Michigan.

Cummings, a senior, and Bostwick, a redshirt freshman, had been suspended for a violation of team rules, while Robinson was being disciplined for what Muschamp called a university sanction.

"They will be back this week with us," Muschamp said. "Not just as far as the suspension of a game, but they've handled a lot of other things for me, as well as Demarcus Robinson, who had a university sanction that's been resolved."

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+3 HS
LouBuck35's picture

Sooooooo, they are originally suspended a game.  Then the Gators play a game consisting of a kickoff return before it is cancelled - and within that, these guys learned their lesson and were punished appropriately?  Ok, got it.  Carry on, Will.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+1 HS
CC's picture

Well they need them back for Eastern Michigan.  You saw what happened against Georgia Southern.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

While I will say that the OP should have been a little more descriptive, you also probably should have read the article that he posted. He was obviously being sarcastic.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
zeeman60657's picture

SEC. SEC, SEC!

Zeeman60657

+1 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Nick Saban and the Grand Dragon Governor of Alabama have just alerted local authorities that any player arrests should occur only before games when these two things are true:

1. A team from Idaho, the Dakotas or Wyoming is coming to town

2. So is a hurricane.

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Its a shame that UF won't have an easy win on their record this year. They might actually have to look good against real opponents as opposed to racking up stats on Idaho.

then again, we assume they would have won!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Idaho Helga's picture

Oh well of COURSE the Vandals would have got killed.  I was joking with some Idaho alums here that "Hey, they're still Undefeated!!  WOOT!"

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

So they got suspended for like not even a minute of gameplay.  Lesson learned.  But no, Urban was such a poor disciplinarian. 

Florida Gators fans - probably the most delusional fanbase there is.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Saw Ray McDonald got arrested over the weekend

Urbans fault...recruits a bunch of thugs

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I have given up caring about how other programs discipline players. I just hope that Urban holds all OSU players accountable for their actions. I think he has done that so far at OSU. 

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Agree on both points.  No matter how badly certain fan bases attempt to discredit Urban, he's disciplinary record while here in Columbus has been nothing short of exemplary.