Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Better Situation

The Urban Legend's picture
August 15, 2014 at 11:59am
24 Comments

Been at the armory waiting to turn in weapons ALL morning. Needless to say I'm bored out of my mind. So here's a hypothetical. 

Down 2 on our own 35 yard line. 2 minutes left in the game and the running game has been subpar all day. Joey Bauserbomb is your QB. 

OR

Up 4 and your opponent has the ball on your 40 yard line with 45 seconds left. You have last years secondary minus Roby and CB. 

In which situation are you more comfortable with the teams chances?

UFest57's picture

I'll take the Roby-less defense and hope the DLine can get a sack-fumble

+7 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

You really are bored, aren't you?

Phoenix824's picture

I don't think he is bored.  I think he is sick.   What kind of person thinks of this stuff.

+4 HS
BeatTTUN's picture

Defense would make a play to seal the win.

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

apack614's picture

Good ole lazy ass armors! They are probably in there sleeping

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Bauserbomb. You're already on the edge of field goal range. I'd rather rely on the kicker to make a 52-yarder than rely on last year's defense. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

OSU069's picture

Our own 35 yard line means we are on our side of the field and thus way out of field goal range. We would have to gain at least 30 yards. 

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

If Nuge is our kicker, I'll take the 82 yard attempt.

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

I'll take the defense and hope spence, bosa, and Bennett can make a big sack or force a fumble. 

What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

I hate you.  Either of these are no good.

Byaaaahhh's picture

Depends on who's playing. I would take option #2 though. #1 is a guaranteed 3 and out. 

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Roby-and-CB-less defense. Bauserbomb looked like he had a t-shirt gun aimed at the crowd everytime he dropped back to throw

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Mhennin2's picture

I'd pack up and go home, wouldn't give them the satisfaction of beating me for a full 60

MacG91's picture

Roby less defense for sure. 

Mac..yeah

The Urban Legend's picture
Joey would have been slinging that ball around..

The Legend continues

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

What's option C?

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Let Nugent kick it.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

If it's in the stadium, it's in his range.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
teakwood's picture

The secondary for sure.  With Bauserman that ball is going out of bounds for sure. Or Bauserman and i run the ball anyway to get the decision to chuck out of his hands.  Better odds with the secondary !!!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I'd run draws with Maurice Wells and tear apart the defense with Bam Childress and Taurian Washington

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+3 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Secondary. Bauserman would've thrown it into the crowd on 4th down.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

Seattle Linga's picture

Down by four is laughable