Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The 2014 Playoff--Will we get there?

0 HS
BrutusBuckey3's picture
August 13, 2014 at 12:24am
41 Comments

Well fellas, here we are. It's finally 2014, and finally the first year for the CFB playoff. Love it, hate it, agree with it, disagree with it....it's here, and we need to freakin' get there. I just had a conversation with my uncle, and he poses some interesting ideas. Apparently, these sentiments were also mentioned by our favorite, and most reliable news network, ESPN. 

Anyhow, the argument is basically that if FSU runs the table (which looks quite possible with yet another cupcake schedule) they would be in. I guess I can see that. Not putting in the defending champion after another perfect season wouldn't make sense. But anyway, ESPN was saying that the SEC would get 2 teams in. The winner of the SEC, and another 1 loss team (possibly the SEC runners-up). According to this argument, the PAC-12 winner (possibly an undefeated Oregon) will also get a spot. Now, I'm no math-major, but boys and girls....that doesn't exactly leave a spot for us. Not sure how you can fit 5 teams into a 4 team playoff. 

So I guess the question I'm asking, is if we go undefeated....and win the big ten title game, is there any way that a 13-0 Ohio State team is left out of the playoff? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments