Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Has Chad Lindsay said anything about he differences between OSU and Alabama?

CC's picture
August 11, 2014 at 10:56am
33 Comments

I'd be really interested to hear what he has to say now that he's had some time in the program.  I didn't see anything from the Media day.

FROMTHE18's picture

Im sure he was asked that during media day. Could just be that he didn't say anything significant and thats why it hasn't been among the other stories. Im sure he and the media were more interested in how the competition for center is rather than discussing something thats been analysed several times. 

Buckeye Knight's picture

We pay a lot less, players aren't afraid to lose their place on the team if they don't live up to their star ranking and sprain an ankle, Mark Emmert doesn't shower with our head coach.

+18 HS
Earle's picture

He said the coach here is much taller.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+18 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Literally every time he was asked about a difference between the teams, offense, or coaches, he basically answered the same way. He just said something like: Well they're practically the same because they expect the best out of you, and they win.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Sounds like Tressel was his former coach...

+8 HS
Poison nuts's picture

It really does! 

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

BuckeyeChief's picture

...and so forth.

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Sounds like the two programs are more alike than different.

+7 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Did anyone here really, honestly think that our program is really that different from Bama?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
BROSEPH's picture

Based on the accusations I hear about SEC schools and their shady behavior from OSU posters here and elsewhere, yes, I'm sure there are those who think differently.  

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

On the field? Nope. Off the field? Who knows.

+5 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Holy wow, Chad Lindsay is Jim Tressel's long lost child. If Tressel was the Senator, Lindsay is the Alderman. I'm sure there are differences between the programs & coaches, but he wasn't giving a damn thing away. That was a pretty funny video to watch. You can just about hear Tim May's frustration over not being able to get a real answer out of him. Smart move on Lindsay's part...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+9 HS
Jdadams01's picture

Yeah, he's obviously been schooled on how to talk to the media. He's a pro at it.

bethesdabuck's picture

Not to self: never play cards with Lindsay. The eye-contact. The un-revealing answers. The poker-face! 

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Kinda got comical for a minute there, Chad had to say that the coaches and programs are similar like at least 4 times in a row. Sometimes I get annoyed with reporters.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

GVerrilli92's picture

Damn I think he's laughing on the inside while giving these replies.

He's gotta be saying to himself: "Why don't you try rephrasing the question one more time and I'll tell you the magic answer you are looking for...."

He's obviously been taught up to handle the situation properly. By the end he just flat out lies. Obviously there are major differences in what's expected of the Center in the respective offenses. He just doesn't wanna talk about Alabama.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

+1 HS
CC's picture

Just saw in the O-Line article that he has a degree in communications.  Seems like he's putting it to work already.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

he completely stonewalled Tim May ...love it

BuckeyeRealist13's picture

Seeing how Alabama is king of college football right now, I'm very pleased that according to Lindsay the two programs are "more alike than different" 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

causeicouldntgo43's picture

Boy - Lindsay knows how to handle the media - very Senator like. You can sense he's a pretty smart dude, which you would hope for from your center. I was hoping we as Buckeye fans would get at least a little of the insider "dirt" on Bama and how Nick ran things vs. Meyer, but that's just not gonna happen with this guy, and that's OK I guess.

Really, Lindsay has a lot to lose if he is perceived as bearing a grudge against his old team, were he did have success and rings. I'm sure he doesn't want to close those doors. He also hasn't spent that much time with is new team, so he may not really know what the differences are yet, other than what he's seem in camp and with Summer conditioning.

Just happy to have the dude and hope he can provide some meaningful help this season. I will say this, if we gat a Bama v. OSU matchup later this year, his media skills will be tested to the extreme..... 

+4 HS
M Man's picture

Damn, I almost forgot that Ohio State picked up his transfer.  My guess is that he is going to be a first-rate player in the B1G this year.  Losing out on Chad Lindsay was a big deal for me; I thought for sure Nussmeyer had given us the inside track with him.

+2 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

It would be ironic if he doesn't end up getting the starting spot and has only limited playing time this season.  I guess that's still better than being associated with the OL at Michigan this year...

+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

He might not even start.

buckeyeboy31's picture

more teeth and smells better

+3 HS
Buckeye06's picture

Proud alumni of The Woodlands High School.  I was pissed when he committed to Bama, since I figured he would go to Texas/A&M.  Now he's a Buckeye, not bad

Tater_Schroeder's picture

I think I'd rather get a root canal than have to talk to most media if I were a football player. I don't know how he keeps his composure there!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
CC's picture

I like the guy, he is great at coach speak which may not be fun to watch but is good to have on the team.  

CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Interesting stuff.  Glad to hear that he finds a lot of similarities.  Sounds like he doesn't want to say too much of course.

I think he will prove to be an invaluable asset.  Even if he doesn't start right away always great to have a top notch player to step in if needed.

Go Bucks!

Seattle Linga's picture

Excited to see this kid on the field - hopefully he will be one of the leaders

whiskeyjuice's picture

I can see this being a future story if OSU meets Bama in the playoffs.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

apack614's picture

I have a feeling he won't start...

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Why would he have to? the SEC is so much better than the B1G right now.  Our top 2 teams (OSU & MSU) would put up a good fight against the SEC's two best (Bama & Auburn) and may even win. However our lower teams like Purdue, Rutgers, etc. would not beat the lower SEC teams, Kentucky, Vanderbilt..

Buckeye fan from PA