Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Urban Tenure at OSU

UrbanBuckeye's picture
August 1, 2014 at 12:10am
16 Comments

Two things:

1) Can anyone help me find a link as to how long Urban plans to coach at OSU? I swear on Woody's grave that I favorited a tweet that had this answer a while back, but it's buried deep in my favorited tweets section. Lol. Help a brother out?

2) How long do you think he will be our coach? I genuinely believe this is his dream job and that he is committed to not just college football, but to The Ohio State University. I'm going with 10-15 years. Crazy to think Meyer (50) is 12 years younger than Saban (62).

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

If he stays at Ohio State for 10-15 more years, the peak of Ohio State football might be ahead of us instead in the past with Woody.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Couldn't agree more Mike - in a couple years we will have flat out studs at ever position possible. He's got a great start at building the foundation. 

Rob Reese's picture

If he stays at Ohio State for 10-15 more years, the peak of Ohio State football might be ahead of us instead in the past with Woody.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+17 HS
Bucki78's picture

I seriously think I can sit and watch this all day!

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

This is twice that I've clicked on this thread and not even read what it's about.

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

IT's going to b e amazing, just wind 'em up and let 'em go...........

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Id say we get 10 more out of Urban, anything after that would be amazing

DIRECTIONER

JOhio1560's picture

I think he'll stay for around 10 years, although more would be awesome.  I do think that Ohio State will be his last coaching job.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

Hovenaut's picture

I think ten years sounds right...though I have no problem if he stays beyond that.

Another intriguing question would be who would (could) replace him?

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

BuckeyeRealist13's picture

Eventually Tom Herman will leave the program for a HC job. I hope when UFM does decide to retire, that Herman is his replacement. A fellow Ohioan with a very innovative offense. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I. WOULD. NOT. MIND. THAT. AT. ALL.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+1 HS
Kindell's picture

I think a lot of it is going to depend on his health.  I know its very important to him to keep up with that after everything at Florida.  I truly hope that we get another ten years with him, but I think we need to truly cherish each year he is here.

I am not sure we will ever see another coach come in and bring the excitement/hope as he did.  He was the only guy that could take this program from a low point to an extremely high point like that.  I do think he is creating traditions though that we will continue to see long after he is gone.  Let's hope he ends his career here, but maybe takes another position and always has an office at OSU.  

-1 HS
BroJim's picture
For-ev-er!

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

I don't see Urban going anywhere anytime soon. His health appears to be a non-issue. He's not leaving Ohio State for another college job and I don't recall Urban having any interest in the NFL. It doesn't seem like his name is mentioned too often when jobs open.

Urban said himself that the year off made him realize how bad he wanted to coach again. There's only 1 blueblood program in his home state and he's coaching it. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great point Mike oh and by the way - Nice picture!!!