Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

I wonder if the writing is on the wall for Brandon...

bigDbuck's picture
July 28, 2014 at 5:32pm
9 Comments

I know "fireworks" at the outhouse were discussed in the past. But found this article interesting for a couple of points.

One they have a new president, one who made it clear who Brandon works for. Two, their giving away free tickets to games!!!? Really?

"If you went to Michigan, live in Michigan or can find Michigan on a map, don't be surprised if the athletic department offers you free Michigan football tickets. It's a boon for those who've already dropped their tickets – and a bust for those loyalists who already paid full price for theirs. "

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201407/michigan-wolverines...

brandonbauer87's picture

I can assure you my job is safe. 

+11 HS
KBonay's picture

Sad, when you have to have gimmicks to lure folks to a football game.

Groveport Heisman's picture

If Hoke has another blah type of season and Brandon refuses to act then I could see a house cleaning taking place.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

FROMTHE18's picture

having a stadium that seats over 110,000 in a state that was hit probably the hardest from the recession and asking people to pay money to fill it every home game is a bit of a stretch. I know it can be done, but I think that has to be a factor as well when considering they'd be paying for crap football. 

sox33osu's picture

My god it sucks to be a scUM fan.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

I posted earlier today: their schedule is favorable. I think their ceiling is 10-2 and their floor can be 8-4.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

zacisone's picture

Not at all sure 8-4 is their floor and 10-2 requires they beat ND, MSU, and tOSU. Not sure I am buying that either.

Go Bucks!

Zacisone

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Best case they lose to OSU and MSU. Floor is those two losses plus PSU and ND.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

johnblairgobucks's picture

If Michigan doesn't finish better than 9-3, then they should consider the season a failure.  3 losses probably means 3 losses to their rivals ND, MSU and OSU.  Hoke would probably be 1-3 vs Sparty and OSU and probably 4 years without a Big 10 Championship.  All of this being speculation without a down of football having been played yet.

Michigan hasn't won the Big 10 in a Decade, if they don't win it this year, and they don't fire Hoke, then we should assume that they are comfortable with their newly ( past 6 or 7 years) earned position as 2nd tier Big 10 school, behind Wisconsin, OSU and Sparty.  To be honest, they group more favorably with Nebraska and Iowa.