Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

If NCAA determines that college football players can receive pay or some type of stipend.........

whiskeyjuice's picture
July 8, 2014 at 10:59pm
13 Comments

With all the drama surrounding NCAA and whether or not the student athletes can receive pay or a stipend or whatever they come up with because of the money they bring the universities. Would that then mean that selling your own property is "ok" and the vacated games and seasons in the past would be removed...i.e. tatgate? (Would be very nice to gain that victory against TTUN)

Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed Whisky it is rightfully ours. I would assume that if this comes to reality that will be part of the new program.

AndyVance's picture

I seriously doubt that the NCAA will retroactively un-vacate those wins. They'll still hold that they were in the right and that Ohio State, the players and Coach Tressel were in the wrong.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

We still have that win against them. I witnessed it and so did they. It gets really cute when one of their fans actually try to turn that into a win for them. I have real good conversations on that little snafu.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

lol, if you have the time, please share...............

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

BuckGnome's picture

Same here.  I've had a few conversations with MeatChicken fans and they were so desperate they actually bring this up.  It's funny.  In their pathetic attempts to come to grips with the Tressel era at OSU, they reach for that easy gotcha, "We have two wins over the Bucks during the reign of The Vest, OSU's 2010 win was was vacated for tats and shit!!!"  And my response, 'Ok shitbirds, 8-2 is so much more palatable than 9-1.'

And, then since they want to get all Ecclesiastical with the NCAA, I have the pleasure of informing them that, while tOSU's 2010 win over TTUN was indeed vacated, MeatChicken's loss was not.  Besides, we all saw the game, it wasn't pretty from their perspective.  TatGate or no, MeatChicken remains 1 - 9 vs The Good Guys when The Vested One roamed the sidelines.

At that point, they usually retreat to their fetal position.

Jabba1977's picture

The NCAA is a complete joke!!!

SECHATER77

-1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

No, Chad Henne is a joke...

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+1 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Remember though, that a vacated win for one team never counts as a victory for the opponent. That's called a "forfeit."

Edit: And yes, it would be only right to restore those vacated wins if the whole premise of the violation was to evaporate. But bitterness would stain the old NCAA as it died, and I can certainly imagine it lashing out in blind anger at the university poster child for really, really stupid NCAA rulings. Think about it. We were the last victims of the NCAA strongarm. You might even say Tatgate brought down the NCAA!

Mortc15's picture

Soooo...does it mean we can claim the 2012 National Title then since we would have played Notre Dame for the championship the next year then....? 

Buck-I4Life

-1 HS
M Man's picture

Funny.  I clicked on this thread, thinking that the headline would lead naturally to a cataclysmic social question like, "If the NCAA requires that collegiate players be paid, will you stop being a fan of collegiate sports?"  [Answer in my case:  Yes.]

Instead, the operative question becomes, "Can we get back that vacated win over Michigan?"

I love you guys.  We could never hope for a better rival.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I too think I would stop being a fan of college athletics if they are to get paid................

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS