Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Need Tickets to MiSHITgan game

jaxbuckeye's picture
June 24, 2014 at 1:15am
22 Comments

I am looking to take 3 generations of Buckeye fans (my 10 yr. old son, my 82 yr. old father, and myself) to the MiSHITgan game in the Shoe this year.  Father has serious health problems (had major heart surgery) so it's now or never.

Can anyone tell me the best place to find tickets?  I understand they are not going to be cheap, but I recall a site someone on here directed me to that had relatively better prices versus other sites.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have only been to Columbus one other time so would appreciate any other thoughts on what we could see while there.  Is it possible to see the facilities, etc.?  This very well could be the last big thing with my pops so it is going to be very emotional for me.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU BUCKEYE NATION!  BEST IN THE....WELL, NATION!

osu07asu10's picture

I feel like ever since the confessional, we have seen a sharp spike in misspelling that team up north's name...

Poking the bear is all fun and games until Ramzy snaps...

EDIT: To answer your question, you will have a very slim (read none what so ever) chance of picking up a few single seat tickets during the public release late in the summer but don't count on it.

If you're planning to make the trip, I would look on Stubhub or a site close to it and secure the ticket now, it is only bound to go up in price if the buckeyes do as they should this season. You could go craigslist or ebay but those are guaranteed.

Also, remember that this season the premium game pricing kicks in so the tickets will most likely be more expensive than in years past.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Thank you.  Looking at ticketzoom but don't know if it is a reputable site.  Don't know if I should look for eticket or local pickup.  I plan to drive if I spend a lot or fly if tickets are cheaper.  Just don't understand the process (where do I pick up if local pickup?).

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

The confessional thread created a hell of a discord amongst us.

jaxbuckeye's picture

No misspelling here.  I spelled it exactly as intended.

Go1Bucks's picture

_iSHITcan. Fixed that for you.

Go Bucks!

jaxbuckeye's picture

Does anyone know if ticketzoom is a reputable site?  They seem to have decent prices.

osu07asu10's picture

Also, if your dad does have a heart condition and you can parlay that into an ADA access area...you would be golden.

As far as seeing the facilities during the week of The Game, that won't happen unless you are sneaking in and the open gates have security guards by them. 

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

BassDropper's picture

Ramzey and I both hate you

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

With all due respect to Ramzy I don't remember Godfather Woody ever saying/spelling that name right... just sayin!

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

True but the spelling above is rather juvenile. 

+6 HS
e135800's picture

Yeah, it is kind of lame

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Probably the most juvenile spelling I've seen tbh.

I'm fine with saying "The team/school up north" or TSUN/TTUN, but come on. But saying something as dumb as "MiSHITigan" just makes us look bad.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Yeah I agree it kind of is... now I'm just wondering to myself... did Bassdropper intentionally misspell Ramzy's name above or is it just some funny irony? 

Bugsyk's picture

Tiqiq.com is a decent place to start.  There are a few local to Cbus ticket brokers I've used, TicketsGalore.com where you may also have luck, but you're are really going to pay for tickets.  As for things to do, there is a ton of food and beer to experience.  Thurmans is always a crowd pleaser, Schmidts, Bernards.... Jeni's is unique ice cream.  The craft beer is nearly endless.

buckeyedude's picture

I've never had a single problem with Stubhub. But I've never tried to get tickets for a game as big as The Game.

The Rill Dill's picture

Bought tix for last year's game-----for 29$ on StubHub. 

chicagobuckeye's picture

Look at seatgeek.com. They are like the kayak of the secondary ticket market. Let's you know a large number of websites and whether the deal is worth it. 

GABuckeye's picture

I'd just scalp them.  When they are 7-4 heading into The Game, people will be giving them away!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Not when we're 11-0 again.

+3 HS