Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Not sure if this is the right forum or not so mods move it if need be

airbuckeye's picture
May 26, 2014 at 4:13am
12 Comments

From one VET to all VETS I want to take this time to say THANK YOU to all who have served and are now serving. I would also like ask everyone to take a moment of your time today at 3 pm to stop and bow your head in a moment of silence for those brave men whom never made it home and gave their lives for GOD and COUNTRY so we could all enjoy our FREEDOM. THANK YOU for your service.

BassDropper's picture

Thank you Vets!!!

Also, can someone explain the meaning behind the 3pm moment of silence? I have been invited to 4 or 5 cookouts tmw and they all start at 3. I thought it was a coincidence until i read this post.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

So far as I know, there is no actual significance to the 3 pm time. It just happens to be when most everyone is celebrating.  But: Goddamn it This is America, and we can pick 3 pm if we damn well feel like it.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

God Bless our Vets and God Bless America.  Thank you especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

A big Thank You to ALL veterans.

The beer is on us today, fellas.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Navy vet here - thanks to all my brothers and sisters who've served or are serving. With remembrance to those who gave all.

Thank you for sharing, and for your service, AirBuckeye.

(Moved to 'Anything Else' forum)

+7 HS
LouGroza's picture

Thank you to all service men and women past and present. There are no words to give to convey your value to our country other than ultimate respect.

+2 HS
hetuck's picture

The nation has come a long way from the late 80's when two Army Chaplains were appalled by a survey of high schoolers asking what Memorial Day meant. The answer: that's when pools open. They took it as their mission to restore the true meaning. Three wars and 9/11 in the interim have reinforced their mission. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

+2 HS
JTACbuckeye's picture

As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell. -Mark Anthony Gresswell

Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o'er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more.
Days of danger, nights of waking. -Sir Walter Scott

The strong will stand, the weak will fall by the wayside.  100% and then some!

+3 HS
Vinginia_Buckeye's picture

Active duty Navy here. I'm actually deployed over to the middle east as we speak. Today is one of the days where I actually  realize the significance of what were doing out here. It also opens my eyes to the sacrifice those who have laid their lives down for this country have made. It truly is the ultimate. With that said, no matter where I am in the world it's always a good time  to hop on here when I can and get the scoop on our beloved Buckeyes! Thank you to everyone on the 11W staff and all the members of this great site!

" I'm a Buckeye "

+5 HS
ronbizi's picture

And many thanks to you also!!!

+2 HS
BHT's picture

Thank you to those who have served, are serving, and will serve our country's armed forces. I cannot thank you enough for all of the hard work you do for us. Again, thank you.

Buckataltitude's picture

Thanks to all who have served, are serving, and will serve this great country!