Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coombs says some stuff

0 HS
BigLights's picture
April 23, 2014 at 11:50am
53 Comments

Sounds like Coombs had some issues with Withers:

“The style of play we’re playing is different … one of the things I told coach Meyer about when he (Withers) left is we need to start meeting together, we need to start spending more time together as a cohesive unit,” Coombs said of the cornerbacks and safeties spending more time together. “So Chris and I are able to do that and spend time together and that’s worked out really well. He’s got good energy, he’s got good passion … We’re playing a style of defense that is very appealing to me as corners coach and a lot of stuff that I believe in, so I’m very excited about that.”

To me, Coombs is basically saying "Withers didn't work and communicate with me and I didn't agree with how he schemed the defense". Not really a glowing review of his old co-worker. We've all heard these sort of things thrown around here and there from people around the program, but to hear it out of a coaches mouth backs up a lot of the speculation. Am I reading too much into this?

Also I liked this comment on Ash:

“I like him, I call him the mini coach Coombs,” junior cornerback Armani Reeves said April 3. “He’s like a younger coach Coombs, he still has all the energy. I love it. I’m happy he’s here enjoying it and hopefully he stays for a really long time.”

http://thelantern.com/2014/04/chris-ash-kerry-coombs-luke-fickell-formin...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments