Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

What was the PA guy at the spring game drinking?????

Oakland Buckeye's picture
April 13, 2014 at 4:35am
15 Comments

Was frustrating as hell to listen to a guy who should know tOSU football program call JT Barrett "Bare-ett" when the kids name is pronounced "beret" - silent t. Really? The PA guy doesnt know how to pronounce a Quarterbacks name?

But was even worse was his calling Jalin Marshall "Jevont'e Hunter " ALL  FRICKIN DAY -  there isn't even a Jevont'e Hunter ON THE ROSTER!!

Floyd Stahl's picture

You mean JT (Raspberry) Barrett?

+5 HS
rightfield's picture

^^^Prince would be proud of you on that one. Well done.

Its good to be the king

+2 HS
LOVEITORLEAVEIT's picture

I don't think Jalin played...the other 17 is Devonte Butler.

+10 HS
southbay's picture

That explains that (thanks Loveit) but can someone refresh my memory as to why Marshall didn't play?  I think it was due to injury but I can't recall the particulars.  TIA.

TheBadOwl's picture

Torn meniscus about five-ish weeks ago, injury usually takes six-ish weeks to heal.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
hobochops987's picture

Marshall tore his meniscus and had surgery to repair it should be good soon. He was only scheduled to be out for spring practice.

Trust in UFM

+2 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I always thought it was Bare-ett? That's is what everyone pronounces it and it's not listed in the pronunciation guide. 

chicagobuckeye's picture

Yeah same. I have a cousin who spells his name the same and pronounces it as you say. Does the OP have anywhere where they pronounce it like a piece of French headgear?

+3 HS
Golden Buckeye's picture

I've never heard it said like OP.  I always thought it was pronounced like the gun.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I'm no master of the spelling bee but i'm pretty sure that if the word ends with two t's then it is not silent in most cases. His name could be different but i'm just throwing that out there.

LEBRON

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

In English yes but French does have some funky pronunciations. That said I've only heard him referred to as Bare-ett.

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

John Travolta is now officially pissed at the PA guy

+5 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

7 in 7; the drink of champions.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I want to know what the guy that thought the PA guy at the Spring Game was drinking was drinking.

You want to know what the guy that wants to know what the guy that thought the PA guy at the Spring Game was drinking was drinking was drinking.

Recursion is fun.

+3 HS