Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

2014 Spring Game Tickets - Lower Price?

MassiveAttack's picture
April 11, 2014 at 11:08am
8 Comments

So one of the continuing mysteries in the USA is, how can Ticketmaster allowed to operate as a monopoly when so many other companies and industries cannot? 

I tried to buy tickets today for the Spring Game and they first came up as $14.50 General Admission Resale Tickets.  I know the price is supposed to be $12 each.  I don't want to resell the tickets, I want to attend myself. 

After closing my browser and clearing my cache, I was able to get it to not show Resale tickets, but they kept coming up as $5.50 each.  I tried a new browser on a different computer, same deal; $5.50 per ticket.  Looks like an error, so I called Ticketmaster.  Of course the phone number (800-745-3000) says they have "unusual call volume, and all agents are busy." No VM, no hold music, just hangs up.  I sent an email, but they won't get back to me for at least 12 hours.

I did finish the transaction and printed my tickets, but I am concerned about them since they are the wrong price.  I guess I'll find out at the gate.  =:^(  Any one else have this experience?

unc4life's picture

Ohio State just came out and reduced tickets to 5 dollars. If you already paid 20 you can get a refund or donate the difference to their charity. So tickets are now only 5 dollars!!

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Where do we claim our refund? I bought through ticketmaster. 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

MassiveAttack's picture

Thanks for the update, UNC4LIFE!

I guess G Smith has enough cash coming off his recent Wresting Championship.

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Yep just saw on Twitter from Clay Hall, tickets are now 5$

Good move!

jeremytwoface's picture

Where can we get tickets?

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

MassiveAttack's picture

There is a link in my original post, above, which will take you to the ticketing system.

Buckeyeneer's picture

They announced it during the lunch hour on 97.1.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

bucknut8's picture

How do you get your refund back from ticketmaster? 

#Buckeyes