Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Woody vs Paterno in Espn Big 10 final 4 coaches

mtrotb's picture
April 4, 2014 at 3:20pm
211 Comments
bigDbuck's picture

Thanks for posting!! Just voted, Woody is down 250 to Joe Pa. I'm sure 11W support will get woody back.

+2 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Really hate seeing Woody behind Paterno, voted from 3 different browers emailed all Buckeye pals and tried the ingonito thing atleast 30 times.

Need to Cowboy Up, Hate losing to fanbase!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

-1 HS
M Man's picture

Well I voted for Woody in this one.  But, uh, my Final Four bracket had Fielding Yost, Fritz Crisler, Bo Schembechler and Lloyd Carr.  All of whom I'd vote for over Paterno.

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture
+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Well, we need the 11W to get on there soon and get this voting going. He's currently down approx. 237 votes but we can get this thing turned out ASAP.

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Voted from 3 different devices,wonder if there is a way to erase the cookies or something so we can vote multiple times? Somebody figure it out quickly.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Squirrel Master's picture

use different browsers (chrome, firefox and IE, among others). I voted 3 times from my one computer.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+3 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Step one: Copy the URL of the voting page.

Step two: Open Incognito

Step three: Go to the URL of the voting page

Step four: Vote for Woody

Step five: Close Incognito

Step six: Re-open Incognito and repeat steps three through five.

LEBRON

+2 HS

Wow thanks  alot this works and just got 10 votes off in probably a minutes time. We need about ten solid fans to all do this and we can put Woody in his rightful spot in no time at all.. Just use chrome go to the 3 bars in the right hand top corner click and select new incognito window and paste the url.

weare's picture

Geeze you guys have to vote multiple times to beat Penn State..Your cheating is ridiculous. Can't wait to crush you cheaters in Happy Valley this year..By the way,enjoy your arrogant days are numbered.....

PennState

-10 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

"We Are"

... "forever remembered for THE worst scandal & cover-up in the history of sports. And pretty damn mediocre, too."

Finished that for you, guy.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Settle down, Nick.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

jamesrbrown322's picture

By the numbers it's not even close -

Woody - 13 BigTen titles, Paterno - 1

Woody - 5 national titles, Paterno - 2

Woody - Most conference wins in BigTen history, Paterno - joined BigTen in 1993

Woody - 3 Heisman Trophy Winners, Paterno - 1

Woody - Competed in big 2, little 8, Paterno - benefit of being independent and padding schedule for victories

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Forgot an important stat - 

Woody - never covered for child molester....

+15 HS
weare's picture

and who did that Jimmy ? who covered...get your facts straight.  Maybe you might be wise to read up on what Woody did at Clemson, or can't you read?

PennState

-10 HS
BuckGnome's picture

LOL equivocating punching an opposing player vs. overseeing an environment that facilitated child rape.  Has it come to that, Penn St. fans???

Tremendous.

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Yes I can read. Can't you? Are do you only read what you want to believe? My honest opinion is that at first Paterno couldn't believe such a trusted ally could something like that and refused to believe and to tell anyone. Once it happened again, he was worried about telling anyone, b/c they'd know that he ignored the first report. Then, it just snowballed.

Either way, he knew what had happened, on at least one occasion, and did nothing to protect those young men. Don't be delusional. It is disrespectful the the monster's victims. 

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Did you even read my original post, since all you argue is 409 victories - 

Woody - 13 BigTen titles, Paterno - 1

Woody - 5 national titles, Paterno - 2

Woody - Most conference wins in BigTen history, Paterno - joined BigTen in 1993

Woody - 3 Heisman Trophy Winners, Paterno - 1

Woody - Competed in big 2, little 8, Paterno - benefit of being independent and padding schedule for victories

weare's picture

409 wins...ask the football players who played in all those games...ask them..I dare you to ask just one of them..

PennState

-10 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

How long did it take him to get to 409 wins? 50 years, playing 12-13 games for a lot of them. Bottom line is that it is supposed to be a vote about BigTen coaches, and therefore BigTen success. If you compare their numbers from the seasons that they were in the BigTen it's not even close. It's just not. Google it, and just see for yourself.

Countless victims of Sandusky's...ask the boys whose lives were ruined because no one at Penn State did anything to save them...ask them...I dare you to ask just one of them!

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Voted, Woody still down 54%-46%.

No matter the result, Woody was 2-1 all-time versus Paterno (wins in '75 & '76, loss in '78).

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Pennsylvania is the difference now. Woody controlling BigTen territory...where the REAL fans are!

+2 HS
weare's picture

and Joe Paterno has 409 wins...or are you not aware of that fact?? I guess you find the NCAA actions against Penn State favorable. TRUTH WILL TRIUMPH>.  I guess you could care if the NCAA smacked Ohio State players for something Woody Hayes may have done to a football player . I guess you all don't know what Woody did..or do you..?

PennState

-10 HS

SHHHHHH dont start using hard facts that involve psu after joining the Big Ten. They get all flustered and you might cause the internet to go down.

+3 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

voted.   screw psu

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+3 HS
bukyze's picture

Come on guys, keep voting!  It's open all weekend.  PSU's lead has been cut down to 52/48.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's not counting my vote anymore, voted a couple of dozen times via Incognito...but I hey I carried TN.

+1 HS
kmp10's picture

It's 50/50 as of now… big comeback for Woody.

Tie game, boys!
Alright, alright, alright. There is justice!

-1 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

woody now winning. some idiot from state penn arguing that joepa should win because of his non-football accomplishments

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+4 HS

You talking bout the clown that said all the great stuff Joe Pa has done with graduating players and yadda yadda then says its a no brainer when you compare that to Woody punching a player on the field? This is the reason psu has the most delusional fan base  on earth. At least he got put in his place by some well timed buckeye fans.

+3 HS
weare's picture

keep talking Colerain.  PSU is not delusional. The truth is you guys have to stuff the ballot to beat JoePa. I guess playing fair is a foreign concept to buckeye fans. Oh yeah, Joe Pa has 409 wins..ask those football players who played in the games. Obviously, none of you on this site every played one down in a real football game. The only game you all know is mocking others and stuffing ballots. Geeze..

PennState

-10 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

Hey now, as long as PSU can keep this one within 40 points, I'm sure they'll count it as a win.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+10 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Oh no, if Paterno goes down it's because ESPN rigged the vote and/or Ohio State fans cheated.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

#urbanranupthescoreagain

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
weare's picture

at least Penn State is voting by the rules. Looks like the Nittany Lions are going to be knock some snot out of yall when you show up at Beaver Stadium. Maybe, you think these current Penn State football players should be mocked like the players you all mocked at the Horseshoe last season. Let the game be decided on the girdiron..You are going to LOSE>>>>>

PennState

-10 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Hey man calm down. You don't need to rage. 11W isn't like ESPN or 247. We're all a pretty chill group of people and we would like to have you on the site if you can be cool. Just take a breather.

Our Honor Defend!

+4 HS
Danify's picture

What else can be said from an delusional Penn State fan. Haha at least you guys are consistence.

+5 HS
weare's picture

delusional...?  you are voting twice and three times to win ..that is delusional and dishonest...Yes I am consistent and think you should be careful in who you are calling PEDO STATE..it is not even near funny..

PennState

-10 HS

Go check out the Rivals P*do State U. board, "We Are" ... they spell out how to cheat on the stupid espn poll. We know that's the only way your pathetic cultists could try to beat OSU, after that 63-14 shellacking.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

So, what are you going to do after PSU loses? After all of this smack you're talking? I'm just curious.

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

What he said 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS

Woody starting to pull away from old droopy drawers. 54-46%

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just voted - nothing has changed...........

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Woody>>>>>>>>>JoePa.   54-46 Woody!  The World makes sense again!

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

I am the one who started the thread and want to thank you guys for helping out.  As of 6:40 am the vote is now 50-50.  Remember as they use to say in Chicago vote and vote often.  Props to Deadly Nuts for showing us how we can do multiple votes.

mtrotb

+2 HS
bukyze's picture

Yeah, looks like the PSU folks spent an all nighter.  Woody is now down a point.  Keep voting!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That's funny and that's about right.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Oh no, how'd Woody get so far behind again? We'd surged him up to 54-46 last night...

+1 HS
EddieG27's picture

Jerry Sandusky would of never made it to trial if he would of done what he did during woodys tenure. Woody would have killed him himself!

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

10:30 am. Woodrow down 2%

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Looks like this one is probably over. Woody's not making up any ground.

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"  Bluto.

mtrotb

+4 HS
BuckeyeLurker0509's picture

I'll be sick if that pedophile enabling S.O.B. wins.

If they put a port o potty above his grave, that would be doing too much to honor his ego obsessed repugnant ass.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

An PSU fan on the comment is seriously thinking one of the comment people should be hunted down and charged with slander for about his comments about Paterno's knowledge of Sandusky. Penn State fans are delusional ..

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Some dumbass on the ESPN comment section is calling out 11W by name for rigging the vote....

LEBRON

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Probably the now banned troll who kept shouting 409! 409! earlier.

+1 HS

There is a portion of PSU fans, and it is waaaaay too many, and it's sad to say --- it looks the majority of them --- who still think Joe Pa is pure and innocent.

Just look at the PSU comments on the ESPN page, or on Facebook, or Twitter, or their Rivals or 24/7 boards. The majority are delusional.

These PSU fans (and even some OSU and other non-PSU fans) reeeeeeally think the guy did "enough" by "reporting it to his superiors" (even though he was his OWN superior essentially). I'm sure if it were their own kid who was molested, and a co-worker did the bare minimum -- they'd defend him the same way. Surrrrre.

The PSU clowns touting Joe's "ethics" sound crazy. Yep, that's the first thing I think of now when I hear the name Joe Paterno: ETHICS. LULz.

They just don't get it. I don't care how many good deeds, or charitable things you've done over a lifetime....looking the other way to protect your legacy while a child is raped cancels ALL of those good deeds out. I'm not even talking about coaching comparisons either. It's not even close there! Woody has more championships, titles, NFL players, All-Americans, etc..

We need a handful of our fans that care enough to keep opening a incognito window and pasting the url and just keep voting. He is down a couple hundred votes and needs our help. I truly despise most psu fans and some of the  things they are saying is making me sick to my stomach. These animals act like kids are nothing compared to psu football. Ive seen them blame the children and say they were asking for it and other complete sicknesses.

+2 HS

yep, Dottie went on the offensive against the accusers. Unreal comments:

"...And all these young kids, all they think about is sex."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/sanduskys-wife-offensive-accusers...

It's just a matter of principle. I know it's just a stupid ESPN contest, but still --- the world is not right if Joe Pa beats Woody in any kind of contest, especially post-Sandusky revelations.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

I don't like to point "odd" happenings out, but what is up with the International Vote. It's like 50% of the vote amount and it's an run away for Joe Pa.

+3 HS
weare's picture

Just to let you all know. I have posted all your comments on a Penn State web site.  The funny thing I find out is how  hard you are all trying to get Woody to win over the winning most  Coach in college football at 409 wins. Read the true facts on the NCAA sanctions, read the transcripts of the Attorney General's comments on Joe , if you can read. While you are all at it read up on Woody Hayes . If you still think cheating and stuffing the ballot box is legal,,go right ahead and do. Who is delusional Penn State fans or all of you cheaters here. By the way,,hope everything works out for that great new Coach of yours...Can't wait for him and your boys to play in HAPPY VALLEY this season. SORRY< but you lose before the season even begins..hahaha

PennState

-10 HS
weare's picture

by the way,,Penn State fans get it, our football players past and present get it. When the results for this poll are published you will all get it. We are Penn State . Keep up your cheating and being delusional nut jobs.. I bet not one of you ever read a book in the last year. Enjoy your mocking, the truth will prevail. See ya in State College so we can return the hospitality you showed us last year in Columbus. Ohio..Our school is called Penn State not Pedo State and make sure you try to spell it correctly or maybe you guys can't spell. I will help you ..it is the Pennsylvania State University,,try to be respectful...

PennState

-10 HS
Danify's picture

That last sentence is ironic as what did you say? "Try to be respectful". Yet an sentence earlier you accused us "delusional nut jobs" on being unable to spell. What an nut job or delusional person is going on an different fans' site and posting numerous post like the internet troll from his mother's basement you are. As said earlier at least you are consistent.

+3 HS
weare's picture

the point I am trying to make is that Penn State is not spelled PEDO STATE

PennState

-7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Actually I read several books over the last few years in completing law school. Don't be an idiot. Also, stuffing the ballot box in ESPN poll is not illegal. It's just trying to support our team.

Calm down dude. It's an irrelevant poll on a silly website. It's not as if the winner gets some actual sort of award. I mean we're talking about a tournament in which Tom Osborne and Bo advance farther that Fiedling Yost. Clearly, there are some people with very little historical football knowledge voting in the poll.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Paterno is winning solely due to the "international" vote. I smell voter irregularities!!!

+1 HS
weare's picture

geeze ,,,you are so smart Jimmy,,check this forum for those irregularities you speak of ..YOU ARE SO SMART !

PennState

-7 HS
weare's picture

" I don't apologize for anything," Hayes said. "When I make a mistake , I take the blame and go on from there. I don't like nice people, I like tough, honest people. " ...

PennState

-9 HS
weare's picture

just a quick update...JOE PATERNO IS BEATING WOODY HAYES>>HAHAHA

PennState

-9 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

lol... Dumbass alert!!!

LEBRON

+2 HS
weare's picture

read the commenting policy deadly nuts....dumb WHAT did you say..read your post and then carefully read the commenting policy..

PennState

-10 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Are you in the 3rd or 4th grade?

LEBRON

+4 HS
weare's picture

I AM ACTUALLY AN OHIO STATE GRADUATE STUDENT...:)

PennState

-8 HS

See they think its a crime that America feels raping young children shouldnt be given the backseat to Paterno and psu football. Id  like to nuke a stadium full off these radical nut jobs.

+3 HS
weare's picture

this has nothing to do with nuking anybody especially someone's stadium..geeze

PennState

-10 HS
weare's picture
  1.  check your stage name closely too deadly,nuts ,it doesn't met the commenting policy guidelines....

PennState

-8 HS

Check your legend coach you guys idolize.He was fired and died a disgrace to the human race.Got stripped of everything he stood for because he put football in front of the rape of small children.Nice to see you care about kids too.

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Right out of the Commenting Guidlines:

We enjoy friendly banter with fans of other programs. Even the fans of the cesspit located 45 miles west of Detroit. Feel free to back your school with all of the pride you're accustomed to, but know your audience. Anything that even slightly resembles a trolling attempt will lead to a quick ban and the original comment being changed to "HURR DURR", "I LIKE PONIES" or any of a number of things.

I hope you like ponies....

LEBRON

+4 HS
weare's picture

no need to be banned from this site,,i was only hoping to create an open dialogue between us..apparently,,i am delusional afterall.!!

PennState

-9 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

i was only hoping to create an open dialogue between us

Your communication skills are lacking...

LEBRON

+3 HS
weare's picture

I have been to many stadiums around the country and watched many college and professional football games and no  fans at any of them, have the right to spit , throw beer, or verbally abuse another team's players or fans. Penn State fans do not need to be verbally or physically abused , . Many PSU will never return to the HORSESHOE to be abused and none of ever want to have the Ohio State University as our rival.. Good luck in your up and coming season. Yes, Penn Staters will be hospitable to the Ohio State fans who come to Beaver Stadium unlike the treatment we received last year at the HORSESHOE>>

PennState

-6 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

sure....

LEBRON

+3 HS
weare's picture

this is a terrible display of hating each other, I could post a similar video of  PSU fans actually being attacked inside of THE HORSESHOE . what does that prove about anything ? My point is right here today my posts were mocked and my UNIVERSITY was changed to PEDO UNIVERSITY and I am accused of protecting children rapists.. THe behave in this video is horrible and I am not defending nor should you defend the actions of any of your fans at YOUR STADIUM and downtown Columbus on the last game. The fact is I am not a child rapist lover and I completely agree that this behavior is not acceptable. Enough said,.Have a great season.

PennState

-8 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Show me a video then...

Otherwise, i'm done arguing with idiots for today.

LEBRON

+3 HS
weare's picture

just check U tube..YOU SEEM SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT OR ARE U in 3rd grade??

PennState

-7 HS

LMAO it was such a terrifying experience because we completely annihilated you on the field 63-14...You spent your life savings to watch your team get murdered in Columbus. Tell your team to back it up not encourage fans to throw piss balloons on our band.

+2 HS
weare's picture

LMAO ,,I go to OHIO STATE also..lmao

PennState

-7 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I typed in "OSU fans abuse PSU fans" and the first result is "PSU fans abuse OSU fans"

LEBRON

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I typed in "OSU fans abuse PSU fans" and the first result is "PSU fans abuse OSU fans"

LEBRON

+2 HS
weare's picture

I live in Columbus , Ohio and my brother who is a Junior at Ohio State went with me. I am currently a OHIO STATE graduate student.

PennState

-6 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

AHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA..... The BUTTHURT is amusing!!!

LEBRON

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Never happened huh? Three minutes behind you Deadly Nuts right on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc

+3 HS
weare's picture

ps...stuffing the ballot to have Woody win is so ridiculous. :)

PennState

-4 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Haha, don't act like PSU fans aren't doing it.

LEBRON

+6 HS
weare's picture

ironically , I am a graduate student at the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY...

PennState

-7 HS

Oh my I think I might start a petition to make sure psu doesnt have any more of their sanctions lifted early. These fans are really in a delusional cult and it makes my gut twist in knots when Iook at my 2 beautiful children while reading replies from these freaks.Im really surprised half of them didnt off themselves at JoePa's funeral.The day the World ended.

+2 HS
weare's picture

you might want to consider some anger management..

PennState

-9 HS
weare's picture

hope you are okay with the complete lifting of the sanctions including renaming the coveted BIG TEN championship trophy being named in HONOR OF JOSEPH VINCENT PATERNO>.. live with it

PennState

-10 HS

Oh that will never happen  and you even typing that you want that to happen makes you an enabler to child rape.

+1 HS
weare's picture

why does that make me a child enabler ? Idiot..do you actually read what u write ?

PennState

-7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I sincerely hope that we're all CHILD ENABLERS! I have two girls, and I certainly try and enable their success. 

Idiot..do you actually read what u write ?

+2 HS
weare's picture

truth will triumph...409...live with it ...by the way the Paternos are going to easily win their lawsuit against the NCAA...guaranteed...

PennState

-10 HS

298 wins? Thats good for what? 12th place...DEAL WITH IT

+3 HS
weare's picture

I guarantee it will be rightfully restored to 409...CHOCK ON IT

PennState

-5 HS

I heard the victims families are fighting to have every picture and mention of Paterno and Sandusky completely removed from every possible place within psu. Even if either name is written that document will have to be changed or removed. .

+1 HS
weare's picture

you heard wrong

PennState

-5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Momma said there would be days like these!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just out of curiosity are they planning on putting the statue back up of the coach??

+3 HS
weare's picture

finally, a voice of reason..Bon Jour

PennState

-7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think you missed the italics.

+4 HS
weare's picture

sorry ,,I'm busy waiting for a friend...

PennState

-3 HS
weare's picture

meet me at the Fourth Street Bar and Grill so you can tell me to my face I am a child enabler COLRAIN MAN RIGHT NOW

PennState

-9 HS

Looks like 298 wins and the erasure out of every history book finally got you to blow your load there huh buddy. Tough facts to swallow for the worshiper of a child prositution ring I see.

+1 HS
weare's picture

,,,,don't be so sure...by the way,,i am still waiting at the bar so we can speak ....or are you afraid ?

PennState

-7 HS

Afraid? Im sitting off main and south B street in Hamilton,Ohio bubba. Is it going to be worth the drive?

+1 HS
weare's picture

I am a computer science PHD student at Ohio State and I already tracked u down....

PennState

-8 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

This is soooooooo fucking stupid.... it's unreal

LEBRON

+1 HS
weare's picture

have a safe ride...

PennState

-4 HS

LMAO well then I guess I'll be waiting for you and I'll be absolutely terrified if you bring your computer science friends  with you. You guys are animals.

+4 HS
Danify's picture

When did this thread become "My dad can beat up your dad" talk.

+7 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

When this dumbass PSU fan arrived

LEBRON

+3 HS
weare's picture

watch your language..by the way I am a 4th degree blackbelt

PennState

-8 HS

^^^^^Usually our mods take this stuff out to the 55 gallon rusted barrel and burn it  pronto.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Found footage from your class I think...

Dominating the dojo!

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I remember you from the OSU Rivals board. "Meet me at this bar" and"I'm a black belt". Your game is tired. What a turd.

weare's picture

LMFAO...still here waiting..with my "animal" friends...

PennState

-7 HS
weare's picture

do you need directions ??

PennState

-7 HS
Danify's picture

I think I'm losing brain cells from reading Weare's comments. Man, are you drunk or as stupid as you have commented in this thread in real life?

+3 HS
weare's picture

neither,,

PennState

-8 HS
weare's picture

actually I was wondering the same about u....

PennState

-5 HS
Danify's picture

Speechless. Ha. Completely Speechless. 

+2 HS

Commas,,,,, bro!

F*ck*n commas,,,dude!!!!

+1 HS
weare's picture

waited over half an hour.. ......tick tock...outta here....

PennState

-6 HS

We may need to cut him some slack. I have a feeling the Second mile foundation might have had a major role in raising him. I can see how some of this stuff might be a little hard to swallow for him.

+1 HS
weare's picture

do you really think you are funny?

PennState

-7 HS

No I was being dead serious..Couldnt think of any other reason a grown person would react in such a way.

+1 HS
weare's picture

so,,you think it is okay to label me a child rapist ?

PennState

-7 HS
weare's picture

and your comment about nuking Beaver Stadium..is that dead serious or just joking?

PennState

-8 HS
weare's picture

waiting for a reply ,

PennState

-8 HS

I never said anything about nuking Beaver stadium you ignorant enabler.I said I wouldnt mind seeing a stadium full of people who think football is more important then child molestation get nuked. I guess you are the one putting the target on happy valley. Some of us have children and know how precious and innocent they are. I would disown a family member in a heartbeat if they were proven to have done what your pathetic program has allowed to be done. Wake up man. Lay off the sauce. Put the cup of kool-aid down.

+1 HS
Kjetland's picture

You said you could produce a video of OSU fans attacking PSU fans in Ohio Stadium.

Please do so or GTFO.

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Clearly attends PSU

LEBRON

+4 HS
OH_IO's picture

Didn't you hear him? He's a graduate student at THE Ohio State University...

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture
Wow, there's defending your school, and then there's just being INSANE.

+5 HS
Unky Buck's picture

You beat me to the punch, "Jimmy"! Haha, that got out of hand fast. It was amusing for a little bit but you could tell it was going to quickly turn sour as he couldn't leave the site while supposedly at the bar. Glad to see he's off the site.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I have never understood trolls that go to other team's sites just to talk smack. Sorry, but I have better things to do. The banter with fellow Buckeyes is sufficient for me.

Sadly, I used to be a relatively big PSU fan. I pretty much rooted for them to win every game except the OSU one. This is because I thought Paterno was doing it "the right way." He graduated his players, no off the field troubles, etc. Little did I know what was being carried out by a long time assistant to Paterno. It really turned me into a cynic when it comes to having faith in anyone associated with coaching college sports.

This is why it is dangerous to idolize humans, especially big time college sports coaches. They are human beings and they are paid to WIN. If you're expecting something else, stick to NCAA Football for your XBOX, and win "the right way."

That dude was the biggest, delusional PSU apologist I've ever heard though. He was even going to show off his 4th degree black belt skills for it!

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I saw this same shit on another message board a year or two ago. Dude used the same insults and said that, "He'd meet you at a bar and beat you with his karate skills." Not only that, if you want to see what the putz looks like, he's not hard to find. Go to the ESPN comment section and he's the one bitching about 11W.

-1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

You know he learned from the best though...

+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

Say what you will about TOS, that is a pay site which I frequent as well, but that asshat would have lasted about five of those JoeBot comments and he would never be heard from again. Maybe that is the difference of having staff to police the ignorant mouth breathers like that. 11W allows it to go too far at times. That was ridiculous. Doesn't sway my draw for 11W info and get that there will always be those instances, just hate to see it.

+2 HS

Trolled by a Penn State fan? Are they that desperate to be accepted as a rival? XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

But BVTW, he said he was a grad student at Ohio State!!!!

+2 HS

The commas indicate that he might be lying. That or his keyboard is broken.

+2 HS
Kjetland's picture

WE ARE.....

Mediocre at best. PSU's days of glory on the football field are long over. Serious question....when was the last time they had a good to great team?

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

2005? Just the first year that pops into my head.

I think the 2008 team did pretty well. But the 2005 team was a screw job at Meatchicken away from a perfect season.

monkeybreath's picture

In defense of Joe:     I sense that Joe Paterno has been tried and convicted in the mass media. This seems very unfortunate. I did not realize that a person in his position was mandated to report to police a crime that he learned about second-hand and did not personally witness. It seems he reported what the graduate assistant told him to the athletic director, as I would have done. This seem reasonable.              The man has not been indicted, evidence has not been presented, a trial has not occurred, and a jury has not rendered a verdict. Until the legal process has been completed, it is my impression that an individual in America is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.  Of course, I feel compassion for anybody that has been sexually abused. I also feel compassion for Joe Paterno...                                                                                                                                                                                  

go slip on a banana peel

-3 HS

Yea I think he got lucky enough to die before he could face further scrutiny/and charges. He ran that whole show and was warden/ceo/president/dictator and whatever else you want to call him,he was BOSS.

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

I fail to follow your logic Colerain . Joe Paterno was fired by the Board of Trustees based on the biased Freeh Report. . How do you explain that if he was boss he was fired without a shred of evidence.  Your logic is suspect.

Your lack of compassion is appalling.

go slip on a banana peel

-2 HS
rock flag and eagle's picture

That's not accurate.  He wasn't fired based on the Freeh Report.  He was fired in November 2011.  The Freeh Report came out in July 2012.  Just FYI.

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

So, Rock Flag and Eagle, now that YOU have told the OHIO STATE fans that truth. What did the Board Of Trustees base the firing on ?

go slip on a banana peel

-3 HS
monkeybreath's picture

You seem to be the voice of reason here. May I ask you one simple question ?

go slip on a banana peel

-3 HS
LouGroza's picture

Will make a comment but in case you are the, or another supporter like the childish one above, it will end here. Those in positions of ultimate authority, in any institution holding tremendous power in one way or another, will be tried and convicted by the masses and in the media when it is perceived that their lack of proper use of this power leads to corruption. Especially when it results in innocent children being violated. Paterno had more power than anyone in that state according to many, and with even the slightest effort could have halted Sandusky in his tracks. He instead chose to look the other way and it continued. Most mindful people will side with the children that were repeatedly raped rather than a football coach that was one of a handful that could have immediately stopped that unthinkable situation. If it seems reasonable for a man in that position to simply report it to a single supervisor and be done with it...HE ISN'T MUCH OF A DAMN MAN.

+2 HS
monkeybreath's picture

I suggest you read the transcripts from the Sandusky trial. It will prove your theory totally wrong.

go slip on a banana peel

-5 HS
LouGroza's picture

I am assuming you are the same guy with all the Paterno defending above. What is there to read? Paterno received the info about his buddy Sandusky being in the shower with a young boy, he says he'll take a look into it next week. He goes to his superiors office the following workday and they figure out the best way to avoid this situation in order to keep it from harming his reputation along with the football team. They decide to pretend it did not happen until they could no longer. It is as pathetic from them as it is that faction of PSU fans that try to twist it into whatever makes them feel better. Look, I feel for all the innocent folks connected to PSU, it is a terrible situation for their coach and administration to harbor a child molester. But I feel horrible for those kids. Those poor, poor kids. Guess you're going to tell me they were ALL lying too, right?

+4 HS
monkeybreath's picture

do your self a favor and read those transcripts from the trial..then I will discuss this with you..

go slip on a banana peel

-4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

With all due respect, most of us do not have time to read through court transcripts of convicted pedophiles just to rationalize the failure of so many adults to come to the rescue of so many innocent victims.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"To sin by silence, when they should protest, makes cowards of men."

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

Let me ask you a simple question, fair enough ?

go slip on a banana peel

-4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

If you insist.

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

okay, now be serious with me . Do you really think the Ohio State University would have hired Larry Johnson knowing full well he coached under Joe Paterno and also saw Jerry Sandusky on a daily basis in the Lausch Building ? Seriously ? If you say Joe knew and didn't say or do anything then how do you explain that Larry Johnson knew and did nothing? and then the Ohio State University hired him ? Be honest in your answer..

go slip on a banana peel

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Honestly, perhaps no one "knows" besides Johnson. However, there is testimony that Paterno was told directly about at least one incident. He told the administrators at some point, then left it alone. He should have done more. He could have pressured the school, or at least talked to Sandusky, or even told the board of Sandusky's "charity."

Look, as I said previously, and may be unpopular, PSU was my second favorite team until this unfolded. I had the utmost respect for Paterno and his program, assistants, and players. That change. (Not with respect to the players, not their fault.)

I have worked with juvenile sex offenders and victims. It is a hideous act from which no one truly ever recovers. Let's give it a few years, see how lawsuits and charges work out before we just assume Paterno was some sort of fall guy or patsy. Out of respect for the victims, people need to stop defending people who were in a position to stop the train wreck and end the cycle.

I will say, I personally do no think that Paterno knew that the incidents or rape and sexual assault were so widespread, but do think that he knew about at least one. And one is more than enough for which to fight.

P.S. - Back to the poll, check the stats that I had cited previously. In their time in the BigTen, which is what the poll should really be, Hayes had more wins, a higher win percentage, more national championships, produced more All-Americans, more pros, and more Hall of Famers. Oh, and Hayes was 2-1 against Paterno for what it's worth. (Paterno's 409 wins came in many season that were longer than when Woody coached, for example, which is better 9-2 or 9-4? 9-2, of course)) PSU fans bringing in off the field facts are what got this off of the rails. So let's stick to the stats on the field.

+2 HS
monkeybreath's picture

thank you for your honest response. If you read the entire trial testimony you will discover that the victim's claim did not stand up in court  and Jerry Sandusky did not receive any jail sentence for this victim's claim. The fact is Mike M. has said publicly and under oath he didn't tell Joe Pa it was rape,,he told Joe Pa it SOUNDED like rape..We at Penn State look forward to getting the facts straight and I wish you and the Buckeyes great success under ASSISTANT COACH LARRY JOHNSON ! (  except when you guys are playing PSU .;) 

go slip on a banana peel

-3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

You must concede that hearing something the even "sounded like rape" would lead any reasonable person to investigate further, especially when it is a man that spends so much time with boys in the same age range of the alleged victim.

Once again, I just implore you, and all PSU fans to not attempt to rationalize or defend the acts, or failures to act, of anyone involved until all of the facts have become available. It is just disrespectful. 

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

No concession here but you are right about one thing, Mike McQuery's should have gone in there in rescued that kid. Mike is a big guy about 6 ft. 220 lbs and I would bet he could knock the stuffing out of Jerry Sandusky. Something is very wrong with him or his story. Furthermore, his father who is  Doctor, was told of the events in front another Doctor on the night of the actions. Neither of those men as required under the law went to the police as they are supposed to by their oaths as physicians. Something or someone is lying. If Joe knew, then Johnson knew, then Bradley knew.  One thing I know for sure , Joe never covered up anything to enable a pedophile . Joe Paterno's family who never have had their own children in Sandusky's presence if they knew of his actions. Watch the NCAA trial and maybe, just maybe the truth will come out. I am not trying to be disrespectful to the victims nor their families but I will not succumb to lies.

go slip on a banana peel

-2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

So you do not concede that a rational human being would report something that sounded like rape of a child, especially when there could potentially be more victims?

Well, that explains all of your opinions that you have posted on here.

The Joe-bots disgust me.

They love to make McQueary the scapegoat. Everyone at PSU has vilified the guy, and thrown him under the bus.

You know what though? Although McQueary was far from perfect ... at least he did SOMETHING!!!! He was a young inexperienced grad assistant at the time, too. Unlike respected and experienced King JoePa! Joe was a true coward in that situation.

Common sense dictates that McQueary deserves more respect, but of course that doesn't fit the JoePa supporters' blind agenda .... so, the one guy who actually tried to do the right thing! (McQueary) is vilified and run out of town, while the other guy who swept it under the rug and did nothing (Paterno) is still idolized as a hero.

That's the PSU mentality in a nutshell.

+2 HS

Its the same fucktard from last night that still doesnt think JoePA did anything wrong and will defend him till death.

+2 HS
monkeybreath's picture

Colerain. can't you comment without swearing, name calling , or bullying ?

go slip on a banana peel

-8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

This thread is all wrong.

It's ESPN's fault for baiting us all.

Anywho...the facts show Woody 2-1 all-time versus Paterno.

And with that,

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

Ban me if you want..take away my HELMET STICKERS if it makes you happy. The fact remains is the Ohio State University is also remiss in it's hiring of the best Defensive Line Coach in the country, Larry Johnson, If all of you are so certain of Joe's guilt, why did your University hire a Joe Paterno Coach? Isn't it possible that Larry Johnson also knew of Sandusky's actions?  Just think about what you are all saying as you applaud him, as I do, in his new assistant coaching position at your University. Think about how West Virginia University also hired a Joe Paterno Coach to revamp their defense, one Coach Tom Bradley. How is James Caldwell coaching at the professional level if he too know about Sankdusky. I guess it doesn't matter to yall. All you like to do on your ELEVEN WARRIORS site is tell each other how wonderful yall are!  Thanks for my short visit here. I appreciated your hospitality and hope you will some day you find out the truth about  what you all pretend to know so much about...Adios

t

go slip on a banana peel

-4 HS
BuckGnome's picture

All you like to do on your ELEVEN WARRIORS site is tell each other how wonderful yall are!

LOL that's pretty rich given the crapton of continuous sanctimonious drivel emanating from Penn St. blogs. 

+4 HS
monkeybreath's picture

BUCKGNOME, may I ask you one simple question about this ?

go slip on a banana peel

-5 HS
monkeybreath's picture

P.S. Coach Franklin is going to kick Ohio State's ass real soon ! Just watch !

go slip on a banana peel

-8 HS

You Penn State fans said the same thing about Bill. :/

+7 HS
monkeybreath's picture

I wasn't talking about Bill...

go slip on a banana peel

-5 HS

LMAO now that was a little over the top dont you think. Hopefully they make our matchup this year a night game and you guys can have a "whiteout". Did you know tOSU has a winning record inside the lengendary Beaver stadium? I think you guys will keep it within 30 this year. Thats a start I guess.

+3 HS
monkeybreath's picture

can't you post anything without attacking?  You  think you are funny but the fact is you aren't !  Funny how you forgot to read the post about Larry Johnson !  I guess you'll find a way to eventually attack him too . If Joe knew, then so did Johnson and Bradley . Think about it !  I am enjoying you taking away my HELMET STICKERS>>hahaha

go slip on a banana peel

-5 HS

I cant even have a civil conversation with you because you have such radical beliefs. PSU kept LJsr on the football coaching staff,Franklin offered LJsr a job on his current staff. You are trying to compare a "yes man" defensive line  coach to great all mighty wizard that ran psu football for decades.No comparison at all. Your cult mentality wont allow you to think and see what is wrong with your comments.If LJsr had anything to do with any of that BS that went down he wouldnt have been offered a job on Franklins staff. The only reason you are getting vilified is because of your refusal to admit or even care that JoePA should have some accountability in the whole situation. You are not very bright but I sure do hope the Sun shines down on you in a positive way some day.

+4 HS
monkeybreath's picture

I don't find defending the truth radical . LJ was the defensive line coach while Jerry Sandusky was the Linebacker Coach. If Joe knew, then Larry definitely knew ..Do you get that ?

go slip on a banana peel

-6 HS
monkeybreath's picture

don't start attacking someone who you know nothing about and try to post in a civil, non swearing, non bullying tone. 

go slip on a banana peel

-7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

We'll see. I certainly think that it is a perfect fit, both for Franklin and PSU. However, don't forget three things - 1. Franklin never played even a decent team in on-con play during his successful season @ Vandy; 2. Franklin's success came while playing in perhaps he WORST SEC East of all-time; 3. I live in Nashville, and this is a fact - Franklin desperately wants a shot in the NFL. So when the right position comes along, he's gone. I think he's college, not a pro guy, but I was wrong about Carroll, so who knows?

Either way, I hope he does well enough to raise the profile of the BigTen, but that is about as far as it goes for me.

+2 HS
monkeybreath's picture

Coach Joe Paterno 53 % to Coach Woody Hayes 47 %........better start cheating to catch up...

go slip on a banana peel

-6 HS

Just remember every single vote you casted you helped in aiding and abetting a guy who ran a child prostitution ring so he could win football games.

+4 HS
monkeybreath's picture

by the way, the football players won those games ...and they will get their wins restored ,,guaranteed ...Read the Paterno lawsuit against the NCAA if you don't believe me. Read it, those football players are going to win ..bet on it !

go slip on a banana peel

-6 HS

You really clueless huh? If the truth would have came out earlier most of those players would have never stepped on that sorry campus. You guys really are a cult who thinks JoePa and psu are the victims in all this? Get off our board sicko.

+1 HS
monkeybreath's picture

really,,tell that to Christian Hackenburg , who enrolled AFTER the sanctions...I thought you might be a nice guy but I was wrong , you have much anger in your heart .

go slip on a banana peel

-4 HS

We gave up. We know who won in real life.You can take your fake B1G espin coaching poll that included Tom Osborne who never coached a single B1G game. How could the poll have any credibility when they included a coach that never coached in the B1G? Haha jokes on you bubba.

monkeybreath's picture

What ? You lost ? Are you delusional ?   Oh yeah, thanks for not swearing at me ,,there might be hope for you yet ! try to leave the bubba stuff out of this , too.

go slip on a banana peel

-4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Seriously, you need to lay off the commas man. Either that or look up the definition of ellipses before you attempt to use them, as it is suppose to utilize periods rather than commas.

Also, I still do not understand the rationale of going onto a blog dedicated to another school's team/fanbase just to talk trash. Seems like either 1. Insecurity, and a need to be recognized or make yourself feel either smarter or more important, or 2. Way too much time on your hands, and anger in your heart. 

It's just a poll based upon a GAME. Please, get over yourself. Paterno was a great coach. However, he was not as great a man as we all thought. Remember - "A reputation takes a lifetime to build, and only seconds to destroy." And that's what happened to Paterno.

Now, if you please, I am DONE. This has gotten inane, and there is no way to rationally discuss this issue with you. Please go back to the PSU blogs. After all, "Better to leave your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Good luck with coach Franklin who won 8 games at Vandy by ducking any decent opponent in the non-con, playing in the worst SEC East in history, and wants to go to the NFL anyway. I am sure he will be a success, and hopefully everyone, especially the victims, can move on from an embarrassing, disgusting end to the JoePa era.

Good Night. O-H!

+4 HS
kmp10's picture

First, I'm an old guy whose bored on a Sunday between football seasons… in other words, I lead an uneventful life. Having said that, it sickens me that Paterno apparently will beat out Woody in the B1G coaches tourney. It's a pointless, stupid and meaningless ESPN time killer… but it bothers the holy dog $hit outta me that Woody isn't going to win. I've voted MANY times using "incognito", but the gap continues to widen. How can a guy who didn't come close to dominating this conference for the entirety of his time in the B1G beat the league's flagship coach??? How is that possible??? 

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Corrupt International votes? I mean, there is something going on when it's 81% - 19% different between Woody and Joe Pa.

+1 HS

Once I seen Tom Osborne included,a guy who never coached a B1G game I knew the poll was a farce. I voted for several hours the last couple days because it also sickened me to think joePA would win.The Cult over is just not going to let it happen.These tiny victories mean everything to them,its the only victories they have left. joePA did nothing in the B1G and the cult gets irate when you post actual statistics.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Well ESPN got what they wanted out of it. Think about being able to say to any sponsor - "Hey we had a single blog post get 25,00 hits in 48 hours...and it was about BigTen football...in April!"

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Can the mods ban IP addresses? This is the same doorknob as yesterday.... Proven by the failure to use commas correctly.

LEBRON

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

What,,,do you mean,,,?

+2 HS
LouGroza's picture

He will be back as soon as he can create another account. If that blind homerism isn't the definition of a rabid PSU fan I don't know what is. Just as everyone describes.

+2 HS

It's glaringly obvious that the PSU "Joe-bots" rigged this online contest. They cheated.

Look at the states who voted for Woody and Joe.

Look at the # of votes.

Thennnn, look at the "International" votes. It's near 8,000! Waaaay more, thousands upon thousands more than every state. Strrrrrange.

I've seen these ESPN polls for years, with the map showing how each state and the international votes went. I've NEVER seen a poll where there were even close to 1,000 international votes. And, whattaya know...about 82% are for Joe.

I just think it's funny the PSU Joe-bot came in here to lecture us about cheating, when it's pretty clear that there's some funny business going on which gave his guy a win. That's how hard-up they for a "football-related" victory over OSU.

I guess it makes sense though...it's only fitting: a PHONY win for a PHONY guy!

+1 HS

Amen brother!

+1 HS