Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Is Boren really a lock at center?

villagebuckeye's picture
March 22, 2014 at 10:17pm
15 Comments

Price has been rotating with Boren with the ones on a pretty consistent basis. Boren is a little undersized. Price is bigger and Warriner has called him the strongest player he has coached. Urban has also praised Price a number of times this Spring. Thought?

buckny's picture

Yes because Price is not doing well with the shotgun snap

rbesr's picture

Boren has the experience with the team but I keep hearing that Price is pushing him hard. What I hear from people closer to the team than me is that Boren is not a lock at this point.

The Rill Dill's picture

Warriner said that MAROTTI said that he is the strongest player that he's ever coached.  WARRINER did not say that Price is the strongest player that HE has ever coached.

-1 HS
villagebuckeye's picture

e

Either way, he's damn strong

Seattle Linga's picture

It's a long long long summer

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

If Price gets the mental side of the game down, he will be the starter. He's physically superior to Boren, just needs to get better on blitz pickups and shotgun snaps.

FROMTHE18's picture

would Boren move to another spot on the line? Or just get surpassed.

703Buckeye's picture

Boren is pretty much stuck at center. He's way too small to be a tackle and the rotation at guard is already deep, especially when fall rolls around. Plus you never know what injuries will do... say Price wins the job but gets hurt, Boren is just one play away from starting.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

RBuck's picture

Ah hell, just make him a linebacker. Worked out before.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+7 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

Too often the past year Corey Linsley's worst snaps came at the most inopportune moments.  Hopefully Boren or Price learns from that and is a consistent shotgun snapper bc that is where the whole offense is run from other than victory formation

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I was wondering why Price hasn't played Guard at all. If he's so strong and athletic and whatnot. Hopefully it's a good sign that Underwood and Elflein have locked up spots.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+3 HS
ab1993's picture

That's a little crazy that I set next to Billy every day in earth science... and to think he could be the next great center for the S&G

+5 HS
Norwalk's picture

That's one of the best things about being a Buckeye on main campus. The guys you've looked up to all your life are your classmates.

The Clean North's picture

The best player plays in UFM's offense. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Straight up ....... No Ifs Ands or Buts .............. Absolutely no favorites