Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Noah Brown

WesPatterson23's picture
March 12, 2014 at 8:50pm
13 Comments

Anybody else really excited for Noah Brown? I know it's a great possibility that he redshirts, but down the road, I believe he can be a big time playmaker. He could line up at tight end and make big mismatches for linebackers, or at WR and take advantage of his size. 

At Florida, Urban Meyer used Aaron Hernandez quite a bit. I was impressed with his use in the option game, so Noah could play a similar role to that, which would add a unique aspect to our offense. 

BassDropper's picture

I think he will be a good player. I see him having a similar career as Evan Spencer.

DIRECTIONER

-8 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Love Noah Brown, one off my favorite recruits on film. But he will never line up @ tight end. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Bass you say some of the craziest stuff. Lol

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Wonder if he grows a little if Urban will want to use him like Aaron Hernandez was used at Florida.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I'm not going to say anything. lol

LEBRON

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Sounds like the headline to a Mike Bianchi story.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Curious if they're going to use him as X Y or a TE, I don't see him in the slot or hybrid. 

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Great kid and a very versatile athlete, could play a number of positions at OSU but I think - due to that very fact - it's likely he redshirts while he tries to master one position.

Seattle Linga's picture

Birms it seems like we have more players this year that can play multiple positions or am I on an island all by myself. Urban really seems to love the all around freakish athlete.

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I agree, definitely a versatile group in 2014. Samuel, Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon, Brown, Hooker, and Hubbard could all play multiple skill positions.

cinserious's picture

Its about time Brown got some recognition on this site. I was excited when Urban and staff landed this 4star Wr/Ath. but all the hype seemed to drift towards Ath. Curtis Samuel, also from NY/NJ area. Regardless if Brown redshirts or not, this '14 class is stacked at the WR/ATH position as Birm stated above. My guess is Noah Brown develops into a big, strong possession receiver with great speed. He'll have guys like Jeff Green and Michael Thomas to pattern his game after.

Gone ham, be back soon...

+1 HS
Brandon26841's picture

I still think he'll eventually end up as a flex TE. I just don't see the suddenness, speed or quickness for an elite outside WR, but then again... look at Anquan Boldin. I guess they are going to try him out at WR first so we'll see. He's an interesting guy.