Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Combine Updates?

NObuck-I-inTEAM's picture
February 21, 2014 at 7:30am
47 Comments

Just curious to hear how our guys have been doing at the combine.  Also, I live in the Indianapolis area (who is hosting the event) and any updates from these guys indicating what they are doing outside of the combine would be great.  I would love to meet a few of the guys and like to thank them for all of the hard work they put in as Buckeyes!

progolfer107's picture

Combine workout schedule

» Saturday, Feb. 22: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams
» Sunday, Feb. 23: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers
» Monday, Feb. 24: Defensive linemen, linebackers
» Tuesday, Feb. 25: Defensive backs

+5 HS
bergy22's picture

Is it just measurements and check-ins today? Saw some QB measurements come across the twitter feed this morning for Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater.

Alpo's picture

http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule

Today is special teams drills, OL and TE bench press. Tomorrow they do the 40 and other such drills. Each position has a different schedule over the next few days.

+1 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

Hyde measured at 5'11 7/8, 230. 

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

Jack Mewhort- 4.43 40, 4.01 shuttle, 39 inch vertical, 225 x47 he also pancaked Jadeveon Clowney 3 times in 3 1on1 reps should go Top 3 after that showing

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

What you left out is one of his pancakes of Jadeveon was actually during Jack's 40 yard dash. Probably could've shaved another tenth of a second without doing that

+3 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

How did Jack Malone do?

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
JACKTATUMSFOREARM's picture

Beth Mowins says............

+5 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Jack Mewhort- 4.43 40, 4.01 shuttle, 39 inch vertical, 225 x47 he also pancaked Jadeveon Clowney 3 times in 3 1on1 reps should go Top 3 after that showing

I was like "My God...no way he put up those numbers....Oh wait, sarcasm font."

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Corey Linsley 36 reps. Huge for him.

DIRECTIONER

+8 HS
Buckeye Elite's picture

I think if all 6 of the players from the Bucks have a good combine and good interviews they all could be drafted or at least be on a team going in to fall camp.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Just really curious to see Roby's 40 time. Going to be quick.

Crimson's picture

ESPN spent a half hour on Johnny Football while I was out eating yesterday.  I assume it's because he's the only SEC quarterback of the "top 3."

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Or maybe because the fact he is Johnny Manziel,One of the most famous college football players of all time.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Yeah, but does he like One Direction?  I mean, the people want to know.

+2 HS
rdubs's picture

I believe starting at 11am the second group of OL will be running the 40.  This group includes Linsley, Mewhort, and Lewan.  Also Jake Matthews and Greg Robinson will be in that group, they are considered among the top OL in the class.

rdubs's picture

Lewan: 4.88u and 1.70 10yd

Mewhort: 5.31u (didn't see 10yd) 

I guess Linsley isn't running.

rdubs's picture

Lewan: 4.85u and 1.64 10yd

Mewhort: 5.19u and 1.81 10yd

Brandon26841's picture

Shazier weighed in at 237, which is exactly right around where I figured he'd be. I'm thinking a 4.47-4.52 40 time. 

Gray Box's picture
+4 HS
Gray Box's picture

Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack on being schematically disrespected by Ohio State: 

stubbzzz's picture

I really hope Shazier blows people away with a great 40 time.

rdubs's picture

4.50u for Abbracadabra.  that is a great time if it translates to an official that is similar.

rdubs's picture

4.37u for Philly Brown,  really nice for him!

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I knew he was fast, but man... that's fast!

rdubs's picture

watch here if you'd like: http://www.nfl.com/combine/live?module=HP11_traffic_driver

4.44u on the second run for Philly.

rdubs's picture

Quincy Enunwa pulled up in his second attempt.  I've watched a lot of track meets, it looked more like a cramp than a complete pull or tear given the way he pulled up, but regardless I hate to see guys who have worked this hard experience something like that in this type of setting.

otrain2416's picture

Corey Linsley did 36 reps on bench. Tied for the second most among the OL there. 

The Rill Dill's picture

Carlos just posted a 4.62.  Pulled up, too.

+1 HS
Phoenix824's picture

Pulled a hamstring.

OSUStu's picture

Just confirmed he is out for the rest of the day.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

brandonbauer87's picture

I love Hyde, but maybe you should run better than 4.6 if you're gonna talk about 4.4. Once that gets adjusted its likely to be over 4.7. Between the time and missing the rest of the drills, I'd say 1st round is out of the question. 

-5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Carlos pulled his hamstring while running and pulled up. He'll be in the 4.4's at pro day.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Hard to run a 4.4 at 6'0" 230lb and a pulled hamstring. He'll get plenty of shots to redeem himself. I honestly don't see him making it out of the first round. Franchise running back IMO.

Frank The Tank's picture

Maybe you should learn to read before you make uninformed comments. He pulled his hamstring.

brandonbauer87's picture

Maybe you should watch before you make uninformed comments. He pulled his left hamstring as he lunged towards the 40-yd mark. It had nothing to do with the time he ran. 

-3 HS
Brandon26841's picture

Looks like Shazier might not run tomorrow because of a hamstring issue. Damn, that'd be disappointing. I was really looking forward to watching him run.

DCBucki's picture

Man, I was really looking forward to seeing how fast he really is!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

osubuck57's picture

Dri Archer, Kent State RB ran a 4.26 at combine, .02 off the record. Now that is damn fast!! Golden Flash!!

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
JTACbuckeye's picture

Remember Jonathan Newsome?  Former Buckeye LB/DL...  I had forgotten all about him until I saw his name under DL invited to the combine.  Always hoped he would have been a solid "Viper" for the Bucks!

The strong will stand, the weak will fall by the wayside.  100% and then some!

Brandon26841's picture

Shazier with almost an 11 foot broad jump and a 42" vert? Geez. What a shame he didn't run the 40... he would have absolutely lit it up.

Go1Bucks's picture

Amazing how much ESPiN is knocking on OSU by touting Mack over and over, where I personally believe although he had a good game, he might not have if it weren't for our offensive lapses and missed assignments. Yes, he is a good player but Anyone know why anyone listens to Mike Mayock?  His opinions are "interesting".  

Also, whats with the "Promote Michael Sam Day" at the combine.  He looks stiff and awkward while working out and they keep trying to make out that he is worthy of a higher pick than 7th round at best.

Hyde should be first Buck to go in low first round along with Roby.  Hyde is the best RB in this draft class.  Shame Hyde had less than stellar 40 time ( hammy, and I think they mean less and less than adaptability and conditioning), but I think that will be ignored based on their potential, although Roby will need to work on his weaknesses if he wants to start in his first year.  Mewhort is easily one of the better prospects.  I believe work ethic is underrated and he has plenty to make any team want him.  Shazier's broad and vertical were awesome, and his strength and overall adaptability place him easily in the second.

Im really not surprised that the Bucks might be waiting for Pro day at OSU.  I think they only went to the combine to talk to the coaches and allow for the interaction with various staffs.

Go Bucks!

-1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Roby with a 4.4 forty

m5987usus's picture

Roby with a nice time good for him

O-H!

pmille32's picture

Roby had a 4.39 official. He's probably the only person I've seen have it lowered from his unofficial.