Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Love the new site

route4buckeye's picture
February 7, 2014 at 8:58am
56 Comments

I definitely wasn't expecting this. Great job to everyone who went in to making it. Kudos 11W.

buckeyejma's picture

WOW! very impressed, excellent job to all.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

dwcbuckeye's picture

This is a fantastic upgrade to the mobile user.  Never used the site much mobile size before,biut this is great

+1 HS
hhilanders's picture

WOW! Let me say I was surprised when I opened my 11W this morning. The work it takes to develop this site and content is enormous. Thank you for what you do and the time put into this effort. The site is fresh and will take a few minutes to figure out where everything is now, but what a great change. 

+1 HS
h0bb3s220's picture

Great Job!!   Thumbs up to those people behind the scenes that made this new site possible

Maestro's picture

Looking sharp up in here.

vacuuming sucks

trock's picture

I like the new site because everything is still easy to access. 

Grayskullsession's picture

No one on the internet has swagger like us.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Absolutely loving the new redesign. Really proud of the 11W guys for how great this turned out, and for getting the site to where it is today. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Osurrt's picture

Awesome new look......it is eye-popping.

ScarletGray43157's picture

Thumbs up on the new site.  Much better viewing on tablets and phones, and probably less fat-finger syndrome on voting.  Great pics and graphics.  It is human nature to resist change, but I going with the flow on this change because frankly I really like it.  A lot!

In old Ohio there's a team that's known throughout the land...

+1 HS
actionstanleyjackson's picture

Site looks FANTASTIC boys! Awesome work 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

ShawneeBuck74's picture

Love the new site design, especially mobile phone friendly!

One concern: How do I view older forum topics? I can see the most recent ones, but I can't figure out how to get to less recent topics.

(I'm on my iPhone) 

You win with people. 

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Could be wrong but I think the old forum topics are gone, the old Buckshots should still be around though.

+1 HS
CCatanzaro's picture

I seem to remember something being posted a while back, maybe by Chris, that said the old forum topics weren't going to be transferred over to this site.  Maybe someone else can clarify further.

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

Jason Priestas's picture

Correct. We declared forum bankruptcy.

ssant's picture

no more bucksfan changing icon

+2 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

The site looks great and functions quite well.

I feel bad for Hodge and Elika, though. It looks like they won't be able to insert footnotes/citations into comments.

cdkmike's picture

ya where do find my quick bits at 

Michael green

OSUpawn's picture

Great Job on the new site... Now I will spend about an extra hour at work playing around and checking everything out.....  Sorry Boss!!

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

buckz4evr's picture

Don't forget to check out the Search option.  It's awesome

Xenia_Buckeye's picture

I am not so sure that I like it yet, but I'll give it some time. Will probably grow on me.

It kind of reminds me of the format for LandGrantHolyLand.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

TBDSITL = The Best Dame Site In The Land

Riggins's picture

Nice move on going with a Responsive design.  Smartphones and tablets are gaining market share all the time.  Who did the update for you guys?

Ebvine96's picture

Like the new site for my computer, it is much slower and not quite as user friendly on my iphone but hopefully that is just because it is new and the kinks will be worked out.  That said, the site looks much more fresh.  I also think its time 11W designs an App for smart phones.  Great work though

+2 HS
Mortc15's picture

This design looks like new-age technology. Love the new layout! 11W surprises us all again and just continues to get better.

Buck-I4Life

mattanderson1985's picture

Got to work, did my morning routine and came on here and I was totally confused I had to make sure I was on the right website.  Love the new site though.

4dorr's picture

Needs...

Tomorrow

+1 HS
bergy22's picture

Is there anyway to see how many upvotes a certain post gets in the forum topics?

NVM figured it out! Sorry about that

buckeye.33's picture

I dont mind the new site. But why are the images so massive on the home screen? It makes for a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

+1 HS
Mr. Bungle's picture

Awesome site! I just joined....first post. 11W authors are geniuses. Keep up the great work!

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Welcome and thank you. Loved your work with Faith No More.

Mr. Bungle's picture

Heh.  Certainly capable lads in FNM, but no match for the otherworldliness of MB!

BuckeyeStrong1993's picture

My computer isnt the fastest so unfortunatley it takes awhile to load everything now. The pics on the front screen are so dam big it takes 5 min to load everything :(  Also now you have to click on the forum topic to look at all the forums instead of them being on the home screen. Idk i guess it will take awhile for me to get used to this new layout. I know the 11w staff has worked very hard congrats on the new site , Buckeyes are always moving forward

GoBucks!

PAG's picture

I think the new site looks great.

gm3jones's picture

Good loooking site. A few bugs I have noticed, but looks really good. Let me know 11w if you need any help with it or security aspect of it. Would love to help out

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

fanosu99's picture

I'm sure ill like this new layout soon but right now I'm struggling to find my way around

farmerbuck's picture

I Like It! Take Some Getting Used To Though. But Thanks For Everything, Best Site Out There Hands Down.

You have to hate losing more than you love winning! GO BUCKS!!

buckeyebowhunter's picture

I wasn't expecting something this drastic, but damn you guys got it right!!!

krodawg's picture
You earned it folks. Well done.

rightfield's picture

I am not a fan of change....but for Eleven Warriors, I will make an exception. Go Bucks!

Its good to be the king

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

After spending some time around the new site, my only suggestion would be to make the new comments much easier to spot in each thread.  Scrolling down and seeing the yellow highlight made it super quick and easy on the old format.  It doesn't necessarily have to be the same thing, but something just as obvious and easy to spot would be great.  The "NEW" flag in the avatar is not as quick.  Other than that, it looks nice.

+5 HS
GABuckeye's picture

I also mentioned this in the site bugs forum.  I haven't heard a response yet.  I'm sure they'll take it into account though.

Il_Padrino's picture

Sorry but a new look should not have wiped out years of writing by many folks on this site (after all they are what built it). 

Should have made an archive section so folks can go back and pull forward previously written threads (e.g. I had a few vintage OSU threads that took an extensive amount of time to write out, etc). 

Living the life!  Go Buckeyes!

Suck-Et Conference (SEC) sucks.

+2 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Recently replied to threads should be bumped to the TOP. What happened to all the older threads? only 13 per page and only 1 page?

+2 HS
erratta17's picture

Sorry, I don't like it.

It hurts my eyes to look at it.  Way loud, the images are so large it is hard to see around them.  I guess this is what is needed to keep the teenagers happy.

EwanJobi's picture

The new site has potential. Things do seem harder to find, graphics might be too big, and ad placement distracting, especially on the main page. Still, lots to like!

+2 HS
chibuck's picture

Can I ask, what kind of font is being used here?

+1 HS
allbucksallthetime's picture

Like many people in my age range (50's), change doesn't come easy.  On top of that, I am not much into technology and use it only when necessary.  For me, this site change will require time to figure out.

I'm convinced the site has been changed because it was necessary at some level.  That's good enough for me and I trust the folks who have made this site what it is know better.  Go Bucks!

+2 HS
J_Poe's picture

Nice fellas, great job with this

Seattle Linga's picture

Nice to see the leaderboard return. We will like every feature in due time.

AkronBuckeye13's picture

Does the blog no longer exist?

Bucksnation's picture

Have to say the site is much better on a mobile device than my laptop. Laptop/desktop version graphics are too big. 

-1 HS
Swayze's picture

I'm not going to lie....I liked the old one more.

BUT I GUESS I'LL

+2 HS