Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Ohio State Not in Bragg's Top Five

Mike Young's picture
September 1, 2014 at 5:15pm
15 Comments

Straight from the kid, himself:

He reportedly plans on committing in February or March, around the time his high school  (Cleveland, VASJ) season ends: 

So, there's time for things to change.

Way things stand, now ... if the Buckeyes don't land Esa Ahmad (Shaker Heights), they will not have a commitment from any of, arguably, the top three Ohio recruits in the class of 2015.

buckeye4life050233's picture

Wow I'm surprised with this.  Especially coming from VASJ where David Lighty came from.

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Well that's not great news

FROMTHE18's picture

strange but oh well.

braneli's picture

That is a bummer.

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

VintonCountyBuck's picture

Is it possible to get the sport listed in the forum topic when it appears in the recent posts column?

I love Buckeye basketball.. but Im in Football mode right now, and don't follow basketball recruiting like I do in football.  Just curious

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

-10 HS
awarren84's picture

I would say it takes less time to click back than it does to post a comment. Just saying. 

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

VintonCountyBuck's picture

It was an honest question.  I am not upset that i clicked on it.  Just asking if there was a way.  But thanks for the down vote.  

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

-3 HS
awarren84's picture

Fair enough...but option #2 I guess would be to know who Bragg is. I guess I knew it was a basketball thread due to following this site regularly. 

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

Mortc15's picture

Only school I'm really surprised about is Illinois. 3 of those schools are powerhouse programs and UCLA is a solid program usually.

Buck-I4Life

UrbanCulture's picture

Disappointing? Yes. Shocking. No

Buck Commander's picture

Well piss.....Bring it home Esa!!!!!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
northcampus's picture

He's going to Kentucky.  If OSU lands Damien Harris, I think OSU gets the better end this 'Ohio-Kentucky' swap.

+5 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Mike, why do you think that is? Is it that there are a lot of talented guys on our roster and only so many minutes to go around or are we just flat out getting beat on the recruiting trail? I know we don't win them all but it's not like Thad to miss out on so much in-state talent.

Our Honor Defend!

sbentz4's picture

He has always been a Kentucky lean from what I hear.

zenshade's picture

Don't have any inside info, but I'm guessing there just comes a point where the coaches realize the amount of effort they're putting into recruiting a kid isn't increasing their odds of signing him enough to justify continuing that effort.  So they start putting their efforts elsewhere and promply drop out of the kid's Top 5.

As to why, who knows?  It could be anything from "World Wide Wes" being able to take care of his family better than Ohio State can to simple personality differences with coaches, growing up a UK fan, etc.  It's easier for fans to soothe their egos with the notion that "bagmen" bought the player, but I'd bet in most cases it really comes to the simple issues like where they feel more comfortable, where they imagine they'll be more successful.

+1 HS