Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

LaQuinton Ross...Cavs

daveyt11's picture
May 19, 2014 at 8:53am
14 Comments
OSU069's picture

Draft him in the second round! Make it happen Dan Gilbert!

Killer nuts's picture

This is an interesting quote from Laquinton in that article

At the end of the day, it wasn't very tough for me [to decide to leave],'' Ross said. "I thought I had a good year. At the end of the day I have a family to support, which is my little girl, Londyn, 3. That's what I'm trying to do. A lot of people might have had their opinion, but at the end of the day it's not their decision.'

+3 HS
rosycheeks's picture

But what about at the beginning of the day?

+4 HS
umbyosu's picture

it sounds like the beginning of the day was at Frish's at the breakfest buffet.

+8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Even if he doesn't make the NBA, there is nothing wrong with playing in Europe. Not the same spectacle as the NBA and obviously lower competition, but they still make a lot more money than most people and they get some sweet perks. Plus it would be pretty sweet to spend your 20's traveling around Europe.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Meh, I'd rather the cavs look at a more complete player. For his size, Q is going to find himself playing the 3 or 4 in the NBA. The 4 is basically off the table as he isn't physical enough to handle an NBA 4 both defensively and on the glass.

I don't think Q is athletic enough to handle the 3s of the league (Durant, LeBron, George, Carmelo, etc) and would be an outright defensive liability.

I wish LQ the best of luck, but as a Cavs fan hope we go in another direction.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+6 HS
OSU069's picture

But what percentage of second round picks usually make any significant impact? Not a very high percentage. I think Q is a talented enough player to take a chance on in the second round. 

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I think Q is a talented enough player to take a chance on in the second round. 

Talent has never been a question. However he missed his freshman year because of academic issues, he didn't have a great attitude this past season (leading the B1G in "you gotta be kidding me" faces and also back shoves), and then showed up to the NBA combine (with millions of dollars on the line) as the fattest player there.

Talent alone won't get it done in the NBA and I just don't see the work ethic or attitude from Q that is necessary to be a quality NBA player.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
nikolajz1's picture

For a second round pick it might be worth taking the risk just in case he turns out to be the next Paul George or something. 

+3 HS
vitaminB's picture

I wish folks would stop pretending like playing defense even matters in the NBA.

BrewstersMillions's picture

I wish people would stop thinking defense isn't played in the NBA by the elite level teams that are in real contention for a title.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed BM - it does matter and those that are good at it will stick around for awhile. Those that are great - usually stick around and are playing in June.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I would take Q over Darpolicic Comozojuck from _________________ (some foreign country)

+3 HS
skid21's picture

Reports just seem to be getting worse for Q. I think it is now evident why Matta chose not to play him too much his first 2 years. Sorry, but you'd have to have major problems to go flat out couch potato at this point in your career. He just screwed himself and in the process damaged OSU's rep.

-2 HS