Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Basketball OOC

MacG91's picture
May 7, 2014 at 3:09pm
7 Comments

In the past week Ohio State has added Louisville, UNC and a TBA BigEast team to their OOC schedule.. Next year should be very interesting as they also have Marquette.. Those young freshman (Russell, Bates-Diop, Williams and Tate) should be nice and seasoned by B10 play. 

tennbuckeye19's picture

FYI: The Big East -B1G deal doesn't actually start till 2015-16, but you're right, the 2014-15 non-conference with UNC, U of L, and Marquette is gonna be great.

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

Oh your right! good call. 

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
Danify's picture

I've said for years I like the Tom Izzo | Michigan State way to schedule OOC for basketball. I would rather be 12-4 with an difficult OOC than 16-0 with the Morgan State's of the world. It allows for more growth in our starting lineup and younger bench players.

+5 HS
skid21's picture

Not to mention entertainment factor. Would you rather pay to see UNC or Morgan State at the Schott?

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Indeed it is better to test yourselves as early and as often in college basketball.It really gives you a heads up come tourney time on gauging on how you matchup with other elites.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

sivaDavis's picture

Love how both teams, basketball and football, are going with the stronger OOC games. Beat the best to be the best.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

buckeyestu's picture

I love the new schedule. Cupcakes are necessary, but not the entire out of conference schedule. However, I think there needs to be more quality teams on the schedule.