Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

National championship game

Murph32's picture
April 5, 2014 at 12:46pm
8 Comments

Am I the only one watching Russell go off?

WhySoSerious's picture

Stats please

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Russell only has 15 pts and 4 fouls I just tuned in to watch OakHill score about 18 points in a row it seems. MVA was up by over 20 something points now its 59-52 MVA with 4 mins to go.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

villagebuckeye's picture

Wouldn't really say he is going off.  Has about 15 points in the 4th. This kids future is as a point guard that can score. Very good vision. Needs to get stronger and work on his defense

-2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

You have to remember this is what his 4th game in 3 days? His legs have to be jello. I watched him earlier in the week and he was pressuring the ball from bucket to bucket. He is a natural leader and hit 6 straight free throws in the final 30 secs last night to bring his team from behind to win. His team just won back to back National Tournament Championships.He will be a great one here.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Raider85's picture

I thought Russell played very well but I agree he was a little tired but you have to love his quick release and form on his outside shot and you can tell this kid is the leader of this team and he can pass descent and has moves off the dribble it may take a couple years of college but this kid will be a big time college player.

Raider85

Seattle Linga's picture

Think about how much better this kid will get before next summer?

SweetBabyJames's picture

his teammates are all so good, they don't need one player to domintate...they jack up a lot of three's but what can you say....national champs...

matta doesn't get the highest rated PG's...conley was 26 i think and E.T. was 30 something....but he gets smart players that really can shine in his system...I see the same for russell...i could see him grasping the system quickest of all freshman...

also...i havn't seen david bell too much other than the highlights, but I always thought he could make an impact day one...but everyone keeps saying he is a project...well i think he is the most athletic big man we have right now...im sure he is just a coordinated as the others...maybe more..

+1 HS
TheShookster's picture

Russell had a great first half and struggled a bit in the 2nd, still had a good game. Russell is the #1SG on the #1 high school team in the country, I'm not sure you can get much higher rated than that. Someone pointed out that was also his 4th game in 4 days which sounds like an excuse but it's probably moreso the truth to why he struggled a little bit. He was forcing it on offense but this kid is the real deal. He was also playing against the best high school competition in the country for 4 straight days, a lot of dudes that will probably be in the NBA sooner than later. He went 3/6 from behind the arc in the first half, numbers that we could only dream of with this years OSU basketballers. I swear it's impossible for some of us to ever be satisfied.