Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Buh Bye Q

OvalBeachBum's picture
March 24, 2014 at 3:21pm
16 Comments

So, I've seen enough to feel Im not jumping the gun, Laquinton Ross is gone to the depths of the NBA (Hello Europe).  Who does everyone thing is going to be Starters/Major minute grabbers next year now the Q, Craft, LSJ, and ADV are all gone?

Egger33's picture

I think next year is pretty simply personally.  Of course no one can ever know if a guy is going to take a step and be better than people think he will be but this is what I think.  This is also assuming no other players are brought in (IE Turner, transfer, or JUCO)

PG - Scott

SG - Russell

SF - Thompson

PF - Loving

C - Amir

Bench: MacDonald - C

Bates-Diop - SF/PF I think he gets starter minutes between the 2 positions.

Kam - SG/PG

Tate - SF

Bell - An an ideal world he redshirts but with only 11 scholarship players I really think he is going to have to play minutes.

Lets hope the kid from Temple comes here or there is some JUCO we don't know about.  Rolling with 10 players and 4 of them being true freshman could be rough.

+3 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

The transfer from Temple, (Lee), did say he wants to play in the B1G, Big 12, or ACC.

Let's hope it's OSU, I hope he doesn't pick Tom Creep.

halfmile78's picture

Um...what about Loving? Me thinks he starts next year unless he totally falls off the face of the Earth.

Halfmile78

+1 HS
OvalBeachBum's picture

No love for Marc Loving? (Shitty Pun intended)

"In the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

*There are only 10 scholarship players as of now.  And Bell as the 3rd center won't be a difference maker.  May still redshirt.

mh277907's picture

Bates-Diop and Russell will get significant minutes. Depending on how quickly Tate bounces back from injury, he could see minutes similar to what Loving saw this year. Obviously, the hope is that Loving steps up and plays starter minutes. The game needs to slow down for him, though, in order for him to contribute consistently. Hopefully Kam Williams will be able to step in as well. 

buckeyebobcat

Egger33's picture

Totally blanked on Loving.  My apologies.  I think Loving will start at PF most likely now that I think about it. 

+1 HS
OvalBeachBum's picture

Agreed.  that was the only change to your lineup that I would make, although I do feel the Russell/Williams battle for a starting spot will be a toss up...

"In the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby

RedStorm45's picture

So...O/U on Scott's minutes per game next year - 38?  If I remember correctly, Kam is a combo 1/2 guard, but Russell is really the only other guy who would play the 2 guard.

That's of course unless Thad pulls off a miracle and lands somebody late.  Like ADV...oh wait.

-1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Could always hope for Myles Turner....

5 star center... still has OSU on his list.

A man can dream.

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

-1 HS
Raider85's picture

I am excited to see what this frosh class can bring to OSU hopefully more scoring but we certainly need a big man with some skills in order to win alot of games.

Raider85

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I'm really hoping we can land Lee from Temple.  We could use another big besides Amir and Trey.  He could possibly start as well.  I'm not sure Loving is quite physical/big enough to play the 4.  I'd definitely feel more comfortable with him at the 3.  That could potentially allow Tate some minutes at the 2 given his height (6'5") and add more depth in the backcourt.

southbay's picture

Doesn't seem very likely that Lee would sign and not be a starter.  Thad would guarantee him that in a heartbeat, I would think.

The Rill Dill's picture

All you guys talking Marc Loving-----if he doesn't hit the weights (HARD), he will be a non-factor.

+1 HS
Sebastian's picture

Shannon Scott is not a starter ..he is a terrible shooter and a below average passer

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Q = So much talent and upside 

Prolly not the best decision for his BBall future although I hope he does well no matter where he lands.