Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics discussion.

EGW Playing at RB

irishfury's picture
July 20, 2014 at 2:50am
12 Comments

I believe he is suppose to be on campus next weekend.  Also heard he moved to RB and has really stepped up and been a role model under Thomas McDaniels.  I think he keeps a good head on his shoulders he will be a good one for us.

sharks's picture

If Urban whiffs on recruits Weber and Harris, there'll be a gaping hole at tailback in this class, so good news all around.  Would be good to see this kid step up , being the first signee and all.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

While I don't see it happening, it's the one position we could afford a 'whiff'. 

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

I can't imagine EGW as an RB at OSU...although Teddy Ginn came in as a CB and part time QB so who knows. Nice to have options. 

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I took it as he has just switched to RB for his high school team. Think he is coming here as a CB or slot. Although I didnt see Samuel being a full time RB either. More worried about him getting his mind right and growing from his mistakes. Kid is special on the field no doubt.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

jonping67's picture

EGW is way to small to be a RB in college let alone at The Ohio State.

-1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

EGW is 5'10"/5'11", if he adds some weight he's definitely not "way to small" to be a RB.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

The good news to me is that he is getting his life together.

+3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

The next De'Anthony Thomas

ODEEZ330's picture

He'll be rb for mckinley but slot(dontre) at osu. He's by far the best offensive player in this class and in ohio imo. Beger tore his acl trying to tackle him for perspective

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

CB all the way. 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

It's nice to have various options and weapons.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Crimson's picture

He's only playing RB for his HS team.  He won't be a RB here.  As others said, he will play pivot or CB.  For some perspective on this move, he was the HS QB before the move, and people here were thrilled when he was considering transferring to play with Danny Clark as his QB for his last year.

+1 HS