Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics discussion.

Things We'd Like To Read About

bleedscarlet's picture
July 1, 2014 at 4:41pm
14 Comments

While reading the Skull Session comments I read some grumbling about lack of content and difficulty in finding news worthy topics. I figured maybe we can throw around some ideas about articles and insight we'd like to see.

I'll start off with a wish to learn more about how the recruiting money is spent. Recently there was an article showing the amounts spent by B1G schools and there were some surprises, with some schools spending more with lesser results than other schools.

rosycheeks's picture
+4 HS
clogan1032's picture

Come on now!!!  We all know we want to hear about Gibson!

+5 HS
rosycheeks's picture

I've actually really enjoyed the skullies since DJ took over. I didn't really like him before I started getting a taste on a daily basis (sorry, it's true).

That said, I'd really like to see a story about how the Bucks won a football national championship pretty soon. Maybe he can work on that.

+6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

The skullies have been fantastic since DJ took over. Fuck the haters.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

BUCKfutter's picture

chances of ryan timmons transferring from kentucky to ohio st

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+2 HS
sharks's picture

I like DJ too, but would definitely like to see a Johnny Ginter guest spot.  Two of the site's best writers.

I would certainly like more insight into the recruiting process.  The author of the recent 'Bagmen' article quoted one of those guys as saying that payments absolutely happen in the B1G all the time.  I realize that this isn't an investigative site like Deadspin and the like (and that 11W certainly doesn't want to run afoul of the University), but I'd like at least a rebuttal to those bagman claims.

Last, but most important (and not completely relevant to the topic), I'd like to mouseover downvotes and see who left them.  I downvote rarely enough that I wouldnt mind the recipient seeing it, and it would definitely make the forums more interesting,  and certainly more cordial.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I have to agree with your DV idea. It's not a huge issue to me, but it would be kind of interesting to know who the serial downvoters are. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

One things for sure - the serial DV's would stop if we could see who did it.

+1 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Community Interview with Jack Park or Paul Keels.

Previous Ohio State U presidents football coaches (Earle Bruce?).

Interview with journalism school.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I enjoy reading the Skullies every morning, even though some weeks are lean for news. DJ has a great sense of humor, and I usually spend more time in the WMDs than I intend.

+2 HS
osu407's picture

I am consistently impressed by the ability of DJ to keep me interested in skull sessions despite essentially zero news. If a few ideas come out of this thread than great, if not than keep up the good work. 

southernstatesbuckeye's picture

I wish we could see the return of the Quarterback Club (from a few seasons back) or a similar piece after each of the season's games, where a fictitious conversation happened with the opposition's quarterback after the requisite stomping at the hands of the Bucks.  Those articles were not only hilarious, they were funny as hell, and in addition to that, they made me laugh so very hard.

Maybe a little different approach this year...perhaps a conversation with the opponent's biggest shit talker?

buckguyfan1's picture

Big fan of DJ's Skull Sessions.  I enjoy his sense of humor and passion for his opinions, even if I don't agree.  My guess is the content that some bitch about will improve in about 60 days.

+1 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Could also see a revival of previously published articles. On this date in Buckeye Football.